- APPLICATION MANAGEMENT HOME
- CONTACT US
Application development and maintenance outsourcing
Building and running high-performance systems
Application development and maintenance (ADM) outsourcing is a proven means by which companies can significantly reduce their costs, continuously improve the performance, stability and availability of their applications, accelerate deployments and free up existing staff to focus on strategic initiatives. CGI partners as an ADM outsourcer with large companies across the globe to effectively build and run high-performance applications and systems that meet their business needs, increase their return on investment and give them a competitive edge.
Unique features of our ADM outsourcing approach
CGI's approach to ADM outsourcing is comprehensive, covering all aspects of the outsourcing relationship and all phases of the application development and maintenance lifecycles. Unique features of our approach include the following:
- Client-centric governance model: Ensures the client retains full control, initiatives are aligned with the client's business goals, and cost, performance and results are carefully monitored
- Service-level agreements: Clearly defines expectations, measures performance and provides for desired outcomes
- Best-in-class processes and tools: Provides for high productivity, high quality, ongoing evolution and client satisfaction
- Global delivery model: Offers the best combination of onshore, nearshore and offshore delivery options to reduce costs and accelerate delivery, as well as locally accountable teams backed by global resources
- Proven best-in-class transition process: Ensures the smooth transfer of responsibilities and resources to CGI, while preserving client control and providing transitioned staff with optimal working conditions and career growth opportunities
Reasons why clients turn to CGI for ADM outsourcing
CGI's high client satisfaction record demonstrates our commitment to meeting clients' needs. Key reasons why clients value our ADM outsourcing services include the following:
- Business IT alignment through strong governance: We ensure the alignment of the services we provide with our clients' business and IT strategies, their operational priorities and their investment decisions through comprehensive service planning, architecture roadmap development and excellence in execution.
- Significant cost savings: CGI's services generate cost savings from productivity, quality and accelerated delivery gains, enabling clients to focus on and fund more strategic initiatives.
- Access to deep business, industry and technical expertise: CGI's experts in our centers of excellence across the globe possess in-depth industry, business and technical knowledge and experience, enabling them to go beyond the mere delivery of IT services to add significant strategic value based on industry and client-specific drivers.
- Effective application portfolio rationalization: Through detailed assessment, evolution planning and regular reporting on application portfolios, we help clients make important investment decisions that, in the end, ensure the continuous improvement of their applications and better service to end users while reducing costs.
- Predictable spending adaptable to business needs: We provide our clients visibility and control with respect to performance and costs while ensuring accountability and result-driven pricing.
- Tailored transition programs: Relying on a proactive change management approach and strong project management practices, our transition program enables clients to migrate smoothly to delivery models specifically engineered for their environment and preferences, minimizing impact on core business functions.
Article – "Onshore or Offshore" - Anand Ramesh of the Everest Research Institute and Warren White of CGI discuss IT governance in outsourcing and why organizations should take a broader delivery view when evaluating outsourcing strategies (originally published in the Q4 2008 edition of Business Trends Quarterly)