- IT OUTSOURCING SERVICES HOME
- CONTACT US
IT governance model
Best practices that deliver short, medium and long-term results
It goes without saying that excellence in IT governance is a key prerequisite for delivering IT services and optimizing available technologies at the best possible cost. CGI's IT governance model ensures your business strategies are aligned with your IT priorities. Our management framework fosters operational excellence in accountability, control and service delivery.
CGI's IT governance model is based on an optimal division of responsibilities and goes far beyond traditional management models and those that focus on cost provisioning and labor arbitrage. CGI's IT governance model allows clients to maintain optimal alignment of strategic IT functions to meet their business needs and increase competitiveness, as well as to apply best practices in order to reduce costs and delivery time for operations and special projects alike. The model is based on four fundamental principles:
- A clear division of responsibilities among stakeholders to eliminate redundancies. To that end, the organization is divided into three areas of responsibility:
- The client's business team—the IT services end-user with final authority over the business requirements and service demand
- The client's IT management team—provides strategic leadership for IT functions, aligning IT technologies, business requirements and service demands
- CGI—responsible for implementing and executing IT operations in cooperation with the client's IT management team based on a factory-type model
- Best practice processes for service delivery across the IT delivery chain, from infrastructure to applications and project delivery services
- Concise, fact-based reports for the IT management team on the visibility and supervision of the client's IT activities
- Organizational structure and management framework that allow for continuous interaction between the parties to ensure ongoing alignment between users' needs and IT service evolution
CGI's IT outsourcing model is tailored to each client's specific business needs. Our approach to IT governance offers the following advantages:
- All IT initiatives stem from business requirements and are duly approved and prioritized by the client.
- Clear reporting provides complete transparency regarding the nature, quantity and quality of services provided.
- Roles and responsibilities are clearly defined, and an effective management and control structure is put in place to guarantee a clear division of responsibilities, full service coverage, clear accountability and the elimination of service overlaps.
Experience and expertise
- Over 35 years of experience managing complex, large-scale IT service mandates
- Long-term outsourcing partnerships across the globe
- Fully integrated governance processes, methodologies and tools
- 95% of projects completed on time and on budget
- Satisfaction rating of 9.1/10 based on signed client assessments