Our partnerships with clients
Working with clients to make a difference
CGI’s commitment to corporate social responsibility has driven a broad range of work in the areas of energy and environmental sustainability to help public- and private-sector organizations improve their businesses while protecting our natural resources. We also are a leader in providing child welfare solutions that help government agencies care for and protect children. In addition, we partner with clients to support a variety of charitable causes, combining our collective skills to make a difference.
Advancing environmental sustainability and care for children
CGI partners with numerous public- and private-sector organizations on large-scale, long-term energy and environmental projects.
CGI is a leader in providing solutions that help agencies manage environmental sustainability efforts. Examples of our client work include the following:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – CGI operates EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX), which collects and exchanges millions of environmental data records. CDX provides a common gateway for consolidating data from multiple entities with disparate systems, streamlining data collection and analysis, and empowering the agency to make better decisions. (Read more about the EPA–CGI partnership – PDF.)
- New York City Department of Buildings – CGI serves as a strategic advisor on sustainability within this agency’s Strategic Planning Office, advising agency officials on potential building code changes, data collection and the creation of performance dashboards to increase energy efficiency in New York City buildings.
- Government of British Columbia – CGI manages the system that collects and tracks greenhouse gas emissions from public-sector organizations in British Columbia. CGI developed the data model to gather and report emission information and also developed algorithms to calculate emissions, focusing on travel, fleet, buildings and office paper consumption.
In addition to our energy and environmental work, CGI supports human services agencies at all levels of government. In the U.S., for example, our leading child welfare solution is used by more than 25,000 case workers. As a pro bono project in partnership with the Foster Youth Education Fund, we developed a solution which eases the transition from foster care to self-sufficiency.
CGI provides energy management services to a broad range of commercial clients, including 50 utilities in North America and Europe. Our services range from energy data collection, analytics and modeling to energy dashboards. We integrate data and build tools—such as carbon calculators and dashboards looking at energy, transportation and waste—to aid decision makers and improve energy efficiency. Our energy efficiency solutions for utilities have tracked consumption data for approximately 15,000 facilities and 1 million data points, reducing consumption up to 30 percent for some clients.
Read more about our green IT offerings.
Supporting our clients’ community service work
CGI’s desire to partner with clients extends beyond providing the business and technology solutions they need to drive profitable growth. It also encompasses supporting the charitable causes that are important to them and that improve the local communities in which we do business together.
Examples of how we partner with clients to make a difference include the following:
- Foresters™ – Foresters, a leading life insurance provider, has been a CGI client since 2004. In 2008, we began partnering with the company to build homes for Habitat for Humanity. Each year, Foresters and CGI professionals organize and participate in multiple home-building events to help provide housing for disadvantaged families.
- Bombardier Aerospace – When long-time CGI client Bombardier Aerospace organized a plane pulling event to raise funds for the fight against ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, CGI was there. CGI professionals came in fourth place out of 11 teams, hauling a 17,800 Q400 NextGen passenger plane a distance of 258 feet. The one-day event raised more than $50,000.
- The Beer Store – CGI’s support for The Beer Store extends beyond providing IT outsourcing services. We also participate in the company’s annual Returns for Leukemia Bottle Drive, which raises funds for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada. CGI members devote a weekend each year to collecting bottles for the cause, which has raised millions in the fight against leukemia. (Read more about The Beer Store–CGI partnership – PDF.)