Our environmental commitment
Contributing to an improved and sustainable environment
CGI is committed to protecting the environment through responsible operating practices, as well as delivering a robust set of environmental and energy solutions for our clients.
Our commitment to environmentally-friendly operating practices is demonstrated through the following objectives:
- Complying with or exceeding all applicable governmental regulations
- Implementing waste management practices and promoting waste reduction and recycling, and making environmentally conscious purchasing decisions
- Reducing and preventing pollution, including minimizing travel by promoting telework and alternative commuting options
- Promoting the development and use of sustainable facilities, continuously striving for greener buildings and workplaces
- Researching and employing new solutions for our data centers, through oversight from the CGI Energy Board, to improve efficiency and reduce energy consumption
Our members participate extensively in community service activities that improve the environment within the communities in which we live and work. These activities include company-wide initiatives to commemorate Earth Month and Earth Hour, and grassroots efforts where members of CGI's "green teams" volunteer for clean-up causes in their local communities and help ensure compliance with green commitments within CGI's facilities.
Our green IT offerings
Through a unique set of services and solutions, CGI helps our clients issue, harmonize and comply with environmental regulations and develop and maintain sustainable "green" business practices. For more than 35 years, we have worked with clients to identify, monitor, regulate and respond to environmental health and safety risks, reduce energy consumption and conserve natural resources.
Learn more about our offerings:
- Environmental and energy solutions to improve compliance, regulatory management and sustainability
- Green data centers and cloud computing to offer best-in-class and green IT infrastructure services that reduce clients' carbon footprints
- Document management services that reduce paper by bringing documents into the digital environment and provide sustainable printing options
- U.S. federal energy and environment IT solutions that include a unique facility optimization and sustainability offering (also read CGI's Initiative for Collaborative Government's Leadership journal on "Government's Sustainability Moment" – PDF)