CGI is committed to the climate through the implementation of processes and behaviors that promote sustainable development.
This commitment has resulted in a continued increase in our performance on major environmental indices, including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and EcoVadis.
We have announced our commitment to achieve zero carbon in our direct and indirect emissions by 2027. The 2027 "carbon neutral" goal is nearly 20 years ahead of the target established under the Paris climate agreement. This important initiative is part of a broader range of activities in which we are investing to further CGI's ambitious sustainability strategy.
Our commitment to environmentally responsible practices is reflected in the following goals:
- Implementing waste management practices that promote waste reduction and recycling and considering the environment in our purchasing decisions. CGI has obtained the SDK Label (French only) in 2021 in Luxembourg, a recognized quality mark awarded by the Administration of the Environment, the Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber of Trade to companies and institutions that manage their waste in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Reduce and prevent emissions, including by providing alternatives to business travel.
- CGI in Luxembourg is certified ISO 14001 since 2021. Read the press release
- Promote the development and use of sustainable facilities, continually striving to make our buildings and workplaces more sustainable.
- Systematically assess the "Digital Responsibility" level of operational projects and significantly reduce the climate impact of our data centers by 2023.
CGI is committed to reducing the impact of digital technology: we are a sponsor of the Good In Tech Chair, an active member of the Planet Tech Care initiatives, the Institute for Responsible Digital Technology and the Green IT Alliance.