As Research Analyst, Multi-Industry in the CGI’s Strategic Insights team, you will be focusing on multiple industries (for instance- for RCS/ Public Sector/ Telecom/FS/MFG) and one primary vertical. In order to succeed in this role, you should have strong knowledge in business research and at least one of the key CGI sectors as mentioned above coupled with basic understanding of the IT Services/Technology sector/trends
The ideal candidate should demonstrate good research skills and exposure to third party databases and Internet based research (secondary research). He/ She must also possess strong analytical skills and proficiency in the MS Office environment. Candidate should be bilingual with working proficiency (read & write) in German and English. The candidate should have good interpersonal skills, superior time management and organizational abilities. The person should be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team setting and enjoy multi-tasking
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Support Industry Leadership and Senior Business Development/Sales Community with their on-demand customized requirements for market/client insights
• Compile, organize and synthesize information to develop key insights at company/ industry level across various geographic markets
• Support research assignments that may include company research reports/profiles, industry trend reports, market forecasts analyses, business development materials, proposals, etc.
• Gather market and competitive intelligence using internal and external research sources such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC, Tower, Ovum, Hoovers, company regulatory filings/ reports, etc.
• Support ongoing strategic initiatives from time to time such as Global VOC Analysis, weekly Stock Trigger, Market Trigger reports and others
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and yet effectively collaborate with the larger team that works across geographies (Bangalore, Chennai, Toronto, Montreal)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Our ideal candidate should have a Graduate/MBA from a reputed business school or university, with a minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in market/ business research. Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Previous working experience in Marketing/sales support/corporate planning functions in IT Services/ITES setup would be an added advantage
Mandatory skills include:
• Bilingual (Read and Write) – German and English
• Ability to independently read, interpret and synthesize company performance reports
• Basic understanding of financial statements and ratio analysis
• Knowledge of key business and technology trends (general/ by industry)
• Experience with online Database search techniques, including Boolean
• Experience in efficient Internet search techniques
• Analytical mindset and experience in Report Writing
• Strong verbal and written English communication
A proven achiever and polished professional, you should be a strong organizer, effective communicator and proactive relationship manager. You should possess the following qualifications:
• Resourceful, with the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
• High level of professionalism, customer service, energy, speed and accuracy;
• Independent judgment, discretion and diplomacy; Team player
- Graduate/ MBA or any Master’s degree from reputed institute
- Strong Educational Credentials;
- Market Research & Analysis
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.