We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic scrum master to join our Life Science Key Account out of the Philly Metro. The Scrum Master will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced product development driven environment. This role is intended to help software development teams achieve their goals as high performing software development teams, creating a culture of self-organization and continued improvement, consistent delivery of a shippable product, and provide a leader for Agile projects. The Scrum Master ensures clear communication and organization of the team, and coaching development team members in all aspects of the standard Agile/Scrum process. We are seeking a candidate who has proven servant leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, influence and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
As a Scrum Master, you will utilize your Agile expertise to advise a team of Process SMEs and Product Owners on their emerging Agile framework and manage regular Scrum ceremonies. You will guide the team through the planning and collaborative delivery of prioritized business performance improvement opportunities, combining expertise in schedule management, resource management, stakeholder management, financial management and scope management, all while adhering to Merck’s compliance standards.
• Act as a leader to our software development team
• Through coaching and facilitation, ensure the team follows agile processes (e.g. self-directed problem solvers) and ceremonies (Daily Standups, Estimation, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and refinement & Review/Demo).
• Oversee design, implementation, QA, and validation of programming code and products
• Help team set realistic objectives for Feature and Sprint delivery timeframes
• Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method
• Keeps external stakeholders, collaborates, and other interested parties are well-informed on team progress and activities.
• Remove blockers and impediments for team.
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
• Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
• Take responsibility for successful product delivery
• Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed
• Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
Qualifications:• Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor team members in Agile Methodologies
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing Agile methodologies
• Bachelor Degree.
• Life Science Experience would be ideal but will look at other sectors
• Minimum 3 years or experience as acting Scrum Master.
• 2-4 years practical Agile experience working directly with teams; Scrum Master or other Agile certification preferred - SAFe a big plus
• 3-5 years Project Management or Program Management experience
• Proficient in both project and product delivery methods
• Healthcare domain knowledge, specifically product development and/or RWE strongly preferred
• Regulated environment experience preferred
• Proficiency in Jira, Confluence or similar tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and meeting facilitation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Expert in managing multiple stakeholders
• Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to solutions
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.