We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
The Technical Analyst participates in all phases of the development life cycle in support of the development team. The analyst needs to have a strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and is engaged in planning, defining, documenting and implementing the proposed system changes and enhancements. Analysts are responsible for gathering and documenting detailed system requirements in collaboration with the business and business analysts. This involves mapping changes to the database, mapping extracts from the database, participating in design discussions with the Solution Architects and supporting the Quality Assurance analysts during the testing phase. Strong communication skills enable the analysts to work across all layers of the organization including Architects, Developers, QA Testers, Project Management and the business.
The Technical Analyst is often also required to carry database designs for systems impacted by new or changing business requirements. This requires documentation of logical and physical data models, source to target data mappings along with transformation logic. Technical Analysts will also be involved in report design and documentation utilizing UML methodology. They will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database mapping templates and their policies and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works in a collaborative manner with the Business Account Manager (BAM) from a Business Requirements Document, develops and documents
a detailed statement of requirements for the proposed solution in the Technical Requirements Document.
• Performs preliminary analysis of functional requirements to identify data, process and application changes or defect fixes. Assists clients in developing correction strategies.
• Defines and documents interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems.
• Create and document data profiles to drive data modeling and source to target mappings
• Create and maintain data mappings, transformation logic (for logical and physical models) to support implementation and ongoing maintenance of the
operational data stores and warehouses.
• Ensure data models evolve to meet new and changing business needs.
• Possesses SQL and PL/SQL skills with an excellent understanding of the Oracle database environment and data warehouse design and modeling concepts.
• Has knowledge of database relationships and table design to support modeling approach and standards compliance.
• Provides detailed analysis on all new data model and ETL development requests to ensure the solution is developed in an efficient manner and works
properly with other applications within the system.
• Works with developers and quality assurance testers to ensure that there is a complete understanding of the Technical Requirements Document.
• Supports Defect Management process, using a defect triage approach, for both integration and UAT;
• Provides regular project status updates.
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and works well in team environment.
Required Level of Education:
• Technical Diploma in IT with Equivalent Experience
• Oracle SQL/PLSQL Certification (Optional)
• 5+ years of IT experience as a minimum
• Very good knowledge of consulting practices and systems development (SDLC). Proficient in Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies
• Ability to develop detailed documentation of impact and changes to systems
• Ability to operate within an Oracle environment – SQL essential, to perform SQL queries on databases for data analysis purposes
• Ability to map business requirements to technical requirements carefully detailing the before and after states of the system resulting from the change.
• Must be able to understand the insurance, managed care business in order to intelligently interact with others.
• Working knowledge in the following areas:
• ETL and Data Quality,
• Toad or SQL Developer
• SVN or other Configuration management tools
• MS Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Oracle 11g, SQL Server, MS Access, ERwin, ER/Studio, or similar tool
• Cognos or similar reporting tool
• SQL , PL/SQL, XML
• Experience with highly normalized and star schema database approaches
Nice to Have:
• Oracle Certification would be an asset
• Experience with Health Insurance
• Experience in supporting various standard EDI transactions
• Ensuring EDI interfaces are performing as designed
• Collaborating with payer, clearinghouses and/or trading partners
• Solving EDI incidents/problems and actively managing and communicating issues
• Knowledge of end-to-end EDI processes with proven hands-on experience
• In depth knowledge of Other HIPAA/EDI X12 4010/5010 healthcare-related file formats
• General understanding of the file transfer protocol (FTP) process and SQL
• Experience in SOAP UI
• Working on Source to Target mapping on EDI loops and elements.
• Knowledge in TIBCO Job process and various TIBCO services.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Effective status reporting
• Critical eye for detail
• Positive attitude
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team
• Ability to see the big picture (thinking out of the box)
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Data Modeling
- Technical Analysis
- Test Strategies
- Data Analysis
- SQL/PL SQL
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.