We are hiring a Sr. Business Analyst to join our project team in Baltimore, MD to work alongside other analysts and SMEs, reporting directly to the Project Manager and Scrum Master.
Principal tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes and performing user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, the business analyst should be intuitively analytical and comfortable explaining complex concepts to non-technical users.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
• Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
• Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
• Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
• Performing requirements analysis
• Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
• Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
• Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
• Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
• Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users
• Performing user acceptance testing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience OR Master’s degree and 3+ years of experience
• Strong team player
• Advanced documentation skills for creating BRDs, FSDs
• Proven ability to create business use cases, test cases, and flow diagrams
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of writing up SQL queries
• Current/prior experience in the federal space, specifically the Social Security Administration.
- Business Analysis
- Use Cases
- Use cases
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.