Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
At the direction of the Regional Director, perform a variety of administrative and secretarial functions for the DOS/PPT Regional Management Staff and Contract Management staff. Maintain all office functions associated with meeting the needs of the front office including incoming calls, correspondence and faxes. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the onsite Government management team, the Administrative Assistant Level II serves as a clerical expert in independently processing the most complicated types of office actions. As needed by the Government, Administrative Assistant Level II’s may be required to temporarily support other locations within a 30-mile radius of their assigned permanent location. The Administrative Assistant Level II may be asked to evaluate and consolidate information from various sources under short deadlines, such as internal or external survey information, reporting on statistics (retention, staffing, Passport processing, etc.). The Administrative Assistant Level II may provide guidance to lower level Administrative Assistants, including training and checking work. Guidance is provided as needed; however, this person is expected to work independently in delivering tasks and reports as required by the Government management onsite. Completed written work receives close technical review from high-level Government employees. The Administrative Assistant Level II will also perform all duties and tasks assigned to Administrative Assistant Level I. In this position, one will also perform tasks beyond routine clerical such as:
• Assist with new hire orientation for Government employees.
• Assist with travel arrangements using online Travel Manager System (E2). Coordinate logistics for Government travel: book tickets, hotels, rental vehicles, estimate per diem, and voucher travel upon return.
• Provide input into the Management Information System (MIS).
• With Government provided input, use MIS to report current and future Agency/Center activities (i.e. achievements, ceremonies, outreach, and other events) to PPT HQ.
• Track and report official time and attendance records for all federal employees within the office through Time and Attendance Electronic System (TATEL).
• Track and verify Government employees’ award/recognition payments, transit reimbursements. Respond to routine questions on policy and procedures, and/or provide reports, such as Contractor employee turnover or time and attendance.
• Process employees for DS badges through the MDIS/DOS enrollment system, PIN resets and unlock
• Utilize Federal personnel rules and regulations including the Foreign Affairs Manual Volume III (FAM-Personnel)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Types 50 words per minute (WPM) with no errors
• Ability to adapt to changes in procedures and assignments.
• Ability to establish working relationships at all organizational levels.
• Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
• Can simultaneously manage and maintain multiple MS Outlook calendars for personnel, leave, training and/or conference rooms.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to draft memoranda and reports.
• Demonstrated capability to analyze facts, evaluate information, and draw conclusions.
• Ability to adapt to changes I procedures and assignment.
• Ability to establish working relationships at all organizational level
• Have expert knowledge and understanding of federal personnel rules and regulations including the Foreign Affairs Manual Volume III (FAM-Personnel).
• Ability to accurately manage tasks and assignments.
• Ability to disseminate information and/or requests to all office personnel and compile responses
Educational and Experience QUALIFICATIONS
Clearly identify the essential qualification vs the desired qualifications.
• High school diploma (2 year college degree preferred), and;
• Four (4) years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in an office environment, including;
• Two (2) year of experience supporting at an executive level, including;
• Five (5) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Publisher, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, including;
• Demonstrated experience with document management, preferably for a legal department of other office, and;
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize simultaneous work flow duties.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Business Acumen
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.