Talent is the key to successful business growth. At CGI we believe that business leaders and the Talent Acquisition team are partners in our strategy to identify, acquire and retain that talent. We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Talent Acquisition (“TA") for the US Commercial and State Government Strategic Business Unit (“US CSG SBU"). The Director will be responsible for the successful execution of our strategy by driving excellence in the recruiting process, managing a distributed team, delivering top notch talent and providing marketplace insight.
The Director is a key member of the US Human Resources leadership team and the Global Human Resources team and will report to the Vice President, Human Resources, US CSG SBU. The ideal candidate will be based in a US metro area with a significant CGI leadership and member population.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Be a trusted advisor to senior leaders by partnering and implementing overarching talent acquisition strategies to help the US CSG SBU win and grow current and future business including new business pursuits
• Provide expertise and guidance on recruitment data, issues and trends in the marketplace that may have short and long term implications on the profitability of the business and attracting world-class talent
• Provide guidance on sustaining and optimizing recruitment model/structure by leveraging cost effective solutions to maximize quality of hire and minimize costs
• Provide coaching and thought leadership to the TA Team, reinforcing key skills and high performance standards, while enabling a collaborative approach and sharing of best practices
• Build recruiting capabilities and establish career development plans to extend competencies and provide talent pipelines for current and future HR opportunities
• Ensure alignment, engagement and collaboration for the US CSG SBU TA Team to the entire global HR organization
• Represent the US CSG SBU as a member of the Global TA Council and participate in the development and direction of the Global TA strategy. Effectively implement talent acquisition priorities and recruiting system roadmap
• Develop and lead the SBU TA strategy that aligns to the Global TA strategy and best supports SBU business objectives while remaining compliant to local labor laws and mitigating risk
• Build brand awareness and campaigns to attract campus graduates, experienced and executive level talent and to promote CGI as an employer of choice through existing and new tools/technologies
• Oversee full life cycle recruitment activities in alignment with the global recruitment model (RMI) in supporting delivery of qualified candidates to meet business requirements
• Ensure data integrity and monitor SBU TA tool utilization to effectively track KPI’s for market competitiveness and reporting insights for key decision making
• Partner with business leaders to ensure a strong candidate experience throughout the recruitment process as a key differentiator in the market while adhering to ISO and SOX compliance
• Partner with Global and SBU Communications team on external careers website and social media content sharing for talent attraction and engagement
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Relevant Bachelor or Master Degree or equivalent experience and/or HR related certifications
• Extensive experience (10+ years) in managing and leading recruitment, including several years in IT consulting / professional services
• Demonstrated experience as a transformative leader and partner to executive level leadership who is also able to roll up their sleeves and do the work
• Experience establishing recruitment strategies to foster sustained multicultural/gender diversity in pipelining
• Ability to develop lines of communication, trust and partnership across multiple business sectors
• Proven track record of leading in a matrixed environment, comfortable with ambiguity
• Highly developed sense of the IT/business consulting industry and understanding of key business drivers and risk mitigation
• Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication and presentation skills with extensive experience communicating at the executive level
• Experience managing a TA team, coaching and ensuring their professional development
• Demonstrated experience positively collaborating with executive leadership
• Strong project management skills: good follow-through on goals, plans, and projects
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship building skills
• Experience working with senior leaders in a high volume, ever changing and extremely fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines
• Knowledge of the U.S. IT/Business market is essential
• Analytical ability with experience providing insights and reporting to executive audiences
• Experience utilizing social media/sourcing tools and creative and alternative recruiting methods
• In depth knowledge of U.S. employment and immigration laws and policies
• Experience with budget management and/or vendor management
• A strategic, big picture thinker who anticipates future trends and creates competitive strategies
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Has established relationships with local and national diversity organizations and partners
• Ability to travel up to 25% (post pandemic)
- Human Resources
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Marketing Comm & Promotion
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.