Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Vice President, Emerging Technology Practice will lead the development and execution of CGI Federal’s strategy to support the Business Units in their efforts to drive profitable growth by leveraging emerging technologies and practices.
In addition, the Vice President, Emerging Technology Practice will be responsible for collaborating with CGI Federal Marketing and Communications to establish and maintain a personal, strategic external market presence in the Digital Services and Innovation domains. The external presence shall include speaking engagements, a Social Media presence and direct engagement with existing and potential customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Digital Services Team – Leading and mentoring a team of 40 Digital Services Subject Matter Experts in the areas of:
o Big Data Analytics and Visualization
o Human-Centric Design and Design Thinking
o Intelligent Automation and Robotic Process Engineering
o Distributed Ledger Technology
The Digital Services team is designed to apply 87% of their time to billable work supporting the CGI Federal Business Units. Further, the Digital Services team is responsible for establishing and maintaining CGI Federal’s POV and expertise in each of the Digital Services areas and leading the development of Proofs of Concept/Prototypes to demonstrate to customers the practical application of these technologies.
• Solution Architect Team – Leading and mentoring a team of 8 Senior Solution Architects whose primary responsibility is to support CGI Federal’s Strategic Opportunity pursuits by leveraging all of CGI’s (and CGI partner’s) assets (globally) to offer comprehensive solutions to our customer.
• Innovation Program – Supporting CGI Federal’s Innovation Program to harness internal and external innovations and bring them to our customers. The primary focus of this program will be on the Digital Services areas outlined above, but the Vice President Emerging Technology Practice is also responsible for identifying the “next" technologies that can be leveraged by CGI to solve our customer’s business problems and support the Vice President of Innovation in their campaign bringing those innovations to the market.
The Vice President, Emerging Technology Practice will reside as a Center of Excellence (COE) under the Enterprise Solutions Group to work collaboratively with the Business Units, Strategic Operations and CGI Federal Management to develop and execute the Emerging Technology Practice strategy.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A Bachelor’s degree with minimum 18 - 20 years of work experience in the IT field
• Experience managing teams of architects and emerging technology subject matter experts
• Thrive on keeping up to date with market changes, ability to speak fluently about them and point out implications and opportunities for CGI.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be proficient developing and delivering presentations on solution and business case/value to large groups of Federal IT executives and managers.
• Self-directed style
• Ability to clearly articulate technology concepts to a business audience
• Strong public speaking and other forms of media expertise
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.