Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We are looking for a scientific and technical computing expert for C#, .NET, C++ application development. Strong engineering/mathematical aptitude and professional software development skill are required. The developer will work on the next generation Integrated Reservoir & Production System Modelling platform for creating custom add-ons. It is an agile team with short development cycles, and a distributed work environment with teams based across multiple time zones.
The ideal candidate has a background in computational science and modeling of physical phenomena with a skill profile at the intersection of applied mathematics, computer programming and engineering.
Mathematical/Numerical skills: ODE and PDE solution techniques; Solution of linear and non-linear equations; Nonlinear Optimization. Experience with parallel computation approaches for solving such problems on CPU (MPI, OpenMP) and GPU are also highly desirable.
Education (for reference only):
Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Design, develop, test and analyze new and existing technical application or Add-on(s)
• Develop algorithms for computationally challenging problems. Analyze existing algorithms to identify opportunities for performance and/or robustness improvements.
• Program clear, structured code following best practices.
• Work with domain experts (POs, SMEs) to gather and understand requirements.
• Work with local and remote teams to resolve issues and implement new features.
• Protect sensitive information and maintain client confidentiality
• Proactively identify next steps, prioritize tasks, and produce results in a timely manner
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Deep scientific computing/engineering/mathematics expertise
• Strong problem solving, optimization, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Good proficiency in Object Oriented Programming in C#, .NET and/or C++
• Proven record of delivering high quality robust code complete with unit tests
• Proven record of delivering high-performance scientific and technical code
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for working with clients, other developers and technical contacts. Ability to explain complex technical issues.
• Ability to work with autonomy to identify and resolve problems
• Experience with Agile and/or SCRUM software development practices
Additional desirable skills:
• Experience in Oil & Gas domain
• Experience of working on add-on / Plug-in development
• Experience with source control tools (e.g., GIT and SVN)
• Experience with defect tracking/planning tools (e.g., Mantis, VSTS)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.