Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced Sr. Network Architect to join the team to define and execute network strategy in today’s data-driven world. As a Network Architect SME, you will work closely with other team members to set the strategy direction across the enterprise and ensuring that project and program architecture aligns to this vision by working with stakeholders to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information and information technology assets with a focus on cybersecurity. You will develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying data and data products and become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of classified and unclassified networks.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Support the identification, qualification and pursuit of cybersecurity opportunities in the federal civilian market with an emphasis on DHS and the IC.
• Lead the development of unique solutions that will meet client needs with the opportunity to evolve and innovate to adapt to changing policies, requirements and emerging needs.
• Work with Senior Executives and Clients to convey digital strategy as it pertains to information and data architecture by conducting collaborative workshops, consulting, reporting and creating pertinent deliverables.
• Provide technical design and architectural leadership, including documenting and diagramming the logical, physical and process views.
• Define network strategy with respect to technology domain standards and design goals.
• Develop and maintain network roadmaps, which includes product selection, versions, upgrades, projects and milestones.
• Lead efforts for network technology evaluations, which involves identifying a weighted feature matrix for a specific need and evaluating and scoring products against the desired features.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of overall experience.
• Familiarity/Experience with Federal Government Architectural Frameworks (e.g., DODAF) and generating formal Architectural views, models, designs and artifacts.
• 10+ years of experience with architecting and designing IP networks.
• Experience with routing, switching and security technologies.
• Experience with DoD and Civilian LAN networks.
• Knowledge of multi-domain architectures, including data center, WAN, and LAN and cloud.
• Experience with US-CERT (Computer Emergency Readiness Team) as well as TIC architecture and design.
• Lead research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks and increase security.
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing network reference architecture from business/mission requirements gathering to technology rollout oversight, including capacity management, definition of scoring methodologies for technology selection, integration of multiple tools and technical documentation.
• Familiarity with Software defined networking (SDN) Network Disaggregation technologies and methodologies along with open source solutions.
• 10+ years of experience with enterprise/telecom packet capture and analysis along with the ability to use tools and techniques to identify anomalous traffic that indicates potential malicious activity from advanced persistent threats.
• Ability to brief complex information to senior leadership.
• Experience standing up data exchange solutions in mixed classification environments across large networks.
• CCNP or CCDP certification.
• CISSP certification.
• TS/SCI security clearance (or higher).
• Experience with DevOps tools, including JIRA, Git and Jenkins.
• Experience with automation tools, such as Puppet and Chef.
• 10+ years of experience in working with IPv4 and associated technologies.
• 5+ years of experience in working with IPv6 and associated technologies.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.