CGI, a leader in IT services is seeking a Security Specialist to support multiple business units across the US. The role will focus on the physical and personnel aspects of corporate security, with some exposure to information and technology security. This role reports to the Director, Security for US Operations.
This position has primary responsibility for the central access control system and related support processes including access administration, physical card production, database administration, annual testing program, troubleshooting, office installation projects and coordination of service calls.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Supervise contract guard operations including alarm monitoring (for multiple locations), spot- checking, reporting, and vendor relationship management.
• Responds to incidents – corrects/resolves, communicates and documents as needed.
• Perform facility vulnerability assessments to include site visits, documentation, delivery of formal reports and internal consulting units to implement and monitor improvements.
• Security administration including preparing monthly operations reports, reviewing and storing incident reports, ordering consumables, processing invoices, etc.
• Supports business continuity program as needed.
• Supports information security and IS/IT security programs as needed
Opportunity to work in a converged security environment with exposure to diverse domains.
• Membership in a cross-functional security team encompassing physical security, workforce protection, information security and Business Continuity Planning
• Responsible for the safety and well-being of over 7,000 members in the U.S.
Access Control System Operations
• Physical security technology administration with an emphasis on the primary and back-up Access Control System servers (Access Control System monitoring and CCTV support).
o Also coordinates server and back-up issues with the Data Center as required.
• Administers all access control system operations including transaction processing, ID card production, alarm/event response, consumables management and ad hoc reporting.
• Administers after hour building access in Datawatch system.
• Ensures quality and timely transaction processing including access additions, changes and terminations.
o All requests received before 1500 each day will be completed the same day.
o Monitors consumable levels (badge blanks, toner, lanyards) and re-orders via eProcurement to ensure there are no stock-outs.
o Ensures fully trained back-ups are in place for associated processes.
• Reviews all alarms/events (during monitoring windows) within 24 hours (of morning report).
o Communicates findings with recipients of morning report.
o Proactively engage local management to reduce (or eliminate) false positive events.
o All trends and action plans documented in the monthly report.
• Security System Administration – Performs as the fully trained administrator for access control transaction processing, physical card production, database administration, etc.
• Completes QA functions including annual location certifications and spot-check functions. Troubleshoots system problems and coordinates service calls as needed.
• Coordination of mass (emergency) communications program.
Security Staff Supervision
• Supervision of contract guard services.
o Ensures post orders are current, correct and available at all times.
o Ensures all officers are trained to standards and that performance is being adequately supervised.
o Reviews daily guard reports and take action as necessary.
Physical Security Project Management Support
• Supports the Physical Security Manager as requested for all physical security system project issues following the prescribed process.
• Coordinates all access control service calls and decommissioning/asset recovery as needed.
Security Operations Support
• Security administration including preparing access control reports.
• Prepare and deliver monthly Access Administration Report.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Direct experience managing security systems, supervising guard services, conducting physical facility assessments
• Experience with CCure 800 and/or CCure 9000.
• Security staff supervision
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of physical access control and video surveillance systems.
• Must be able to manage multiple activities and deadlines with minimal direct supervision.
• A results-focused approach to work which values service quality, economy and collaboration.
• Demonstrated judgment and the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
• Ability to self-start and demonstrate initiative without on-going or constant direct supervision.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
CCure 800 and/or CCure 9000 1-2 Years Advanced
Physical Security Access Control System Administration and Maintenance 1-2 Years Intermediate
Access Card and Access Provisioning 1-2 Years Advanced
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience performing system/enterprise-wide physical access control system hardware and software upgrades to new major releases or new technology vendor as required.
• Four or more years in a physical security, military and/or law enforcement environment.
• Relevant security certifications such as PSP, PMP, CPP, and CISSP are desirable
• Experience conducting facility risk assessments
• Experience with the ASIS International and Society for Human Resource Management (ASIS/SHRM), or workplace violence risk assessments.
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.