Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for a BI Architect with experience managing full life cycle development of business intelligence solutions. The resource will provide technical leadership, guidance, and support in implementing strategic technology approaches and designing systems’ architecture. Tableau expertise is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Collaborate with business and technical resources to understand functional requirements and translate into technical specifications. Work with testing teams to deliver quality BI solutions.
• Install, configure, maintain and administer BI applications. Conduct performance tuning and optimization when required.
• Perform application upgrades, apply patches and maintain the BI environment. Perform audits for system maintenance and optimization.
• Design, develop, manage and update logical and physical data models for the BI data marts.
• Create BI content – semantic models, reports, dashboards and visualizations.
• Migrate content between environments.
• Experience administering development and production environments across verticals, including sizing and capacity scoping.
• Follow market trends for COTS and open source tools. Provide architectural expertise and thought leadership for tools’ evaluation and recommendation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Proven experience in administering and configuring various BI platforms including SAP Business Objects, Tableau and Power BI. Additional BI platforms a plus.
• Deep understanding of the tools’ underlying architecture.
• Ability to add customizations if required and integrate with other applications.
• Design content – reports, dashboards and semantic layers.
• Excellent SQL and data warehousing skills to include deploying logical and physical models. Deep understanding of dimensional modelling concepts.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot BI environment related issues.
• Proven ability to design BI solutions to reports against large volumes of data and experience tuning reports and queries.
• Experience with setting up load balancing, failover and disaster recovery for BI implementations.
• Proven experience deploying on a variety of platforms including AIX, Linux and Windows
• Proven experience reporting against industry standard database platforms including Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, Teradata etc.
• Ability to manage critical BI systems and work under pressure
• Excellent skills in Written and Verbal Communication
• Collaborative conflict resolution experience
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
• Industry certifications desired
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors
- Oracle Report
- Oracle OWB (Warehouse Builder)
- SAP Business Warehousing
- Business Architecture
- Data Architecture
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.