Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
This is a dynamic position on a high performing team working to deploy the next generation of cybersecurity technologies for a strategic federal customer. Here, you will draw on your IT and engineering experience to help solve complex technical problems and provide thought leadership. This position will furnish extensive tools and systems training as you grow your existing skills while you master and deploy new emerging cyber tools and techniques. In this role, you will contribute to enhancing the security posture of the customer’s networks by implementing best in class solutions that comply with the relevant cybersecurity standards, directives, and policies. Specifically, in this role, you will draw on your previous experience as an experienced technologist to implement current solutions, and you will learn and explore new solutions to solve emerging problems for the customer.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert.
• Support a team of Cybersecurity engineers in developing, analyzing and maintaining tools that support processes for the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program.
• Work with new technologies, documentation, and implementation strategies.
• Analyze the technological solution set and assist with providing guidance to improve the solution.
• Work with data integration across multiple products to include scripting, data management, and product integration.
• Analyze and draft critical analysis for requirements and functionality.
• Provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments.
• Provide functional systems analysis, design, integration, and implementation, and solve exceptionally complex problems that need cybersecurity knowledge.
• Support all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
• Apply principles, methods and knowledge of cybersecurity to approach difficult and narrowly defined technical problems to arrive at automated solutions.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to help develop other team members.
• Help shape the team’s strategy and approach to solution development and implementation.
• Support distributed team operations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship and successful passing of CGI background check is required prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Bachelor's degree and 5-8 years of experience in either information security, software development, or systems engineering. This could include academic lab work, contributions to the open source community, or a strong portfolio of work displayed in an industry-standard forum.
• Experience in security assessments and audits, deploying secure code, and analyzing data.
• Experience identifying and mitigating security risks.
• A good understanding of security policy compliance.
• Experience with multiple Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools.
• Data conversion experience to/from any or all of these: CSV, XML, JSON, similar data formats.
• Script experience with Python, Powershell and other scripting/interpreted languages.
• XML experience, including XSL transformation.
• Network experience.
• Windows and Linux administration skills.
• Experience configuring Apache, IIS and other Web Server application environments.
• Understanding of core infrastructure elements such as DNS, SMTP and NTP.
• DevOps Experience.
• General enterprise directory experience (LDAP, AD, etc.).
• Able to pick up new tools/technologies and quickly to implement emerging and innovative solutions.
• Good trouble-shooting experience.
• Good understanding of ports, payloads and protocols.
• Good written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience with source control systems such as Git (BitBucket), Subversion, etc.
• Exposure to Cloud Native development/deployment technologies.
• Exposure to container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
• Database experience including ability to write ANSI compliant SQL queries, develop and trouble-shoot views and stored procedures.
• Experience interacting with Web Services and APIs using REST, SOAP and other protocols using scripts and other consuming clients.
• Experience with log aggregation and search tools such as Splunk and/or Elastic.
• Experience with NoSQL environments.
• Some experience with Java development and Java application containers.
• General experience with PKI concepts (especially X.509 certificates), understanding of HSPD-12 and general FICAM elements.
• CISSP, CISM and/or CISA certification(s).
• Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM), and Governance.
• Understanding of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.