Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Income Tax Manager is a subject matter expert and as such plays a critical and valued role in the US Tax team. This person is responsible for Income Tax matters including the following: quarterly income tax provision, quarterly estimated tax payments, annual tax compliance and extensions, return to provision true-ups, audit defense, planning, credits and incentives, and other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Quarterly Income tax provision calculations and related support including both temporary and permanent book/tax differences, analysis of uncertain tax positions, calculations for GILTI, BEAT, FDII, Foreign Tax and R&D Tax Credits
• Quarterly Estimated Tax payment process including, completing work papers and payment vouchers, entering payments in payment systems, preparing related journal entries to record tax payments made, reconciling tax payment accounts
• Accurate and Timely filing of Annual Income/Franchise tax returns and extensions including preparation of audit ready work papers supporting tax returns and true up of tax provision calculations to actual returns filed
• Support Income Tax Audit Function thru gathering related tax returns, associated work papers to respond to audit requests for information and challenges of tax returns by tax authorities
• Reviewing/Researching tax inquiries and notices and proposing solutions to resolve tax issues identified and raised
• Identifying potential income tax planning opportunities and participating in integration of acquired businesses tax compliance into the companies existing tax operations
• Working with outside service providers in calculating, documenting and sustaining Federal and State Research and Development Tax Credits, Job Credits and other State incentives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Accounting Degree. Must understand Debits and Credits! Self starter with strong accounting, analytical, and problem solving skills,
• Demonstrated knowledge related to tax accounting and compliance. Ability to recognize, understand and analyze complex tax issues,
• Well-organized, strong work ethic, hands on and detailed oriented. Able to manage time and workflow to meet multiple deadlines. Good project management skills, and highly motivated,
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management, and
• Proficient computer skills including knowledge of CCH ProSystem Fixed Assets, OneSource Income Tax, Excel, and ERP systems (PSA, Costpoint and Hyperion).
Preference given to candidates with active CPA certification, previous Big 4 public accounting experience and Corporate Tax Department experience.
- Tax & Revenue
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.