Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
This is a pivotal role to assist in the development and transformation of systems leveraging an Automation / DevOps model. Areas of work will include the development of automation, monitoring (alerting/logging), deployment and continuous integration working closely with our Infrastructure teams and business partners.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, able to multi task, can work independently and is a team performer. You should also have a proactive approach to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outage.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Planning and execution for application migrations into multi-mode cloud
• Provision and support Cloud Services: IAAS, PAAS
• Support business technology plans, influence over architectural designs and documentation for hybrid cloud solutions
• Supporting Kubernetes/AKS and deploying CI-CD pipelines
• Streamline operations by building appropriate automations
• Generation of run-books for new and existing solutions
• Lead technical projects in support of Cloud initiatives
• Collaborate with other teams and external vendors to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
• Be responsive to the business, colleagues, vendors and management
• Assist in resolution of issues with new and existing cloud solutions as required
• Develop recommendations as well as architectural improvements that increase efficiencies and provide overall business support of cost reduction initiatives
• Maintain currency with latest developments with private and public cloud functionality
• Some after business hours and weekend work is required in this role
• Participation in on-call rotation expected
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Advanced knowledge and experience of public and private cloud environments
• Demonstrated experience with automation and DevOps concepts and implementation
• Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell) and with SDLC tools (TFS, Octopus, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
• Experience working with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
• Demonstrated capability around operating cloud applications and using associated tools (Terraform, Cloudwatch, Cloudwatch Logs, DataDog, Splunk)
• Firm understanding of AWS and Azure network constructs and Identity/Access Management
• Experience operating VMWare ESXi hypervisor servers
• Knowledge of Server Operating systems with an emphasis on Microsoft and Linux
• 10+ Years of experience in Information Technology, 5 years in a senior infrastructure role
• A demonstrated history of learning new technologies and the ability to integrate them to provide solutions to complex problems
• Proven experience in working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Must be able to adapt to rapidly evolving opportunities
• Organized and methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and lead technical teams
• Ability to exercise strict confidentiality
• Familiar with ITSM and ITIL methodology
• A University degree or college equivalent
• Microsoft Azure Administrator, DevOps Engineer, or AWS DevOps Engineer professional certification is highly preferred
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Azure & AWS Experience 5 Years Senior
- Cloud Computing
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.