Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
This opportunity is in support of mission-critical CMS programs working side-by-side with top notch CGI professionals in CMS’s and CGI’s Baltimore locations. The Solution Architect will support strategic and tactical development of CMS systems in a management capacity. They candidate will be accountable for implementing cutting edge architectural designs, technologies, and practices.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Analyze the technology environment and enterprise specifics.
• Work with the client team and external stakeholders to document architectural system requirements.
• Setting the collaboration framework.
• Creating a solution prototype.
• Participating in technology selection.
• Controlling solution development.
• Building and integrating information systems to meet CMS needs.
• Assessing the current system architecture and recommend solutions to improve it.
• Resolving technical problems as they arise.
• Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
• Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes.
• Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
• Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
• Supporting project management.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Demonstrates knowledge of architecture methodologies and core competencies and sets priorities appropriately.
• Expert in information technology concepts and its strategic implementation on complex large scale IT project.
• Plans the technical requirements to transition a design into a working solution and have a broad understanding of all system operations, software architecture, and relationship to business operations. Throughout the course of implementation, they help the project team recognize and mitigate any risks to existing business processes or to the solution's overall success that may occur due to technical design. This individual must have experience in developing and overseeing design and implementation of modern, web-based software applications that leverage open source software.
• Knowledge and experience with the Target Life Cycle (TLC), CMS experience preferred
Extensive Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, which includes, but not limited to AWS Architecture, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Beanstalk, Databases, Development tools, Security, Identity, and Compliance, Network and Content Delivery, Storage, Media Services, Migration and Transfer, and Management and Governance
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.