CGI is looking for a Cloud Solution Architect to join the team to help manage our client's cloud architecture and position in cloud environments. You will play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks. Ideally, you will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems. Must have significant demonstrated experience deploying solutions to the Microsoft Azure Government Cloud.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Navigate Cloud Computing Governance Board (CCGB) approval processes and proactively staying engaged in tracking changes to the process and communicating out to client and staff.
• Support cloud initiatives, platform development teams, and production operations with a stable cloud-based, hybrid and on-premises development and test environment.
• Provide architectural support to the migration team for Azure Cloud transitions
• Map customer system requirements to Microsoft Azure Cloud Services by converting technical requirements of a project into architecture and design that guide final products
• Work directly with customers, migration partners and team members (DevOps engineers and developers) to determine soft dependencies, identify best methods of migration (manual and automated) and define cloud services, architecture, and environments for hosting business applications
• Participate in providing technology assessments in support of automation and technology migration initiatives
• Recommend cloud resource utilization and optimization based on monitored analytics reports on cloud consumption rates, trends, impact areas, and trouble areas
• Provide innovative methodologies to identify and solve migration, performance, scalability, reliability, and availability issues
• Utilize strong written and oral communications skills to translate architecture solution to customers and business owners.
• Conduct whiteboard complex architecture reviews, write useful technical collateral, build PoCs, Pilots, and MVPs for customers
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; an advanced degree is preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
• An active Secret clearance is required.
• A minimum of seven years of experience in the design, creation and management of cloud-based infrastructure, including virtual networks and virtual machines
• Experience implementing Azure Active Directory federation between an on-premises environment and a cloud environment
• A minimum of four years of experience of the Microsoft Azure cloud environment required, as this position will require the candidate to design, implement and manage both IaaS and PaaS Azure offerings
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or ARC-P cloud environments is desirable
• A minimum of two years of experience using the Jenkins or Microsoft DevOps for continuous integration and continuous delivery is required
• Experience with transforming development and testing environments from on-premises to cloud-based
• Experience in design, configuration and maintenance of IaaS in Azure or AWS (Azure is preferred)
• Experience in automation/configuration management (PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC), Chef or equivalent)
• Experience with source code repositories such as GIT, SVN, Microsoft DevOps, MS DEVOPS, or equivalent.
- Enterprise Architecture
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.