Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI has an immediate need for an L1 Application Support Specialist to join our financial services team in Columbia, SC. The Call Center Support Specialist I to provide assistance, coordination, and communication in support of low complexity applications.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Will work with various teams and stakeholders within internal and customer organizations to provide detailed and accurate information, timely responses, and coordinated effort in order to help facilitate software solutions to application errors reported.
• Escalates unresolved issues to proper personnel.
• Provides end-user support, which may include: providing systems administration assistance, identifying the need to coordinate stakeholder discussions, identifying the need to update user documentation or conducting training.
• This is a 24x7 environment, so candidates must be flexible to work any shift on any day, potentially including holidays.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• MUST have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MUST be extremely detail oriented
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Focus on details, detail-oriented
• Follow strict client procedures and guidelines
• Basic knowledge of ITIL
• Knowledge of PC usage and related software packages (e.g. Remedy) helpful
• Knowledge of the specific application(s) and technologies supported helpful
Associate degree. Bachelor’s degree can be substituted for the 1 year of IT support or call center experience.
One (1) year experience in IT support or call center support preferred
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.