As a Program Manager, you will work with project teams to drive project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closure. You will manage multiple projects across different platforms, lead technical and strategic direction, and collaborate with a cross-discipline team of engineers, management, and customers to design innovative solutions for our clients. The role is a significant position that involves working with customers and other stakeholders by developing and implementing solutions in a complex, highly dynamic environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provides competent leadership, and highly specialized and technical guidance to complex solutions architecture challenges, including but not limited to, the evaluation of technologies, including Java and J2EE, software including COTS, products, custom and reusable components, internal systems, data exchange tools, and application integration methodologies.
• Provides expert advice on industry and solution trends to customers in analyzing and planning their current and future IT needs.
• Provides expertise in applying the enterprise architecture for business or technical activities to a specific system or function.
• Simultaneously plans, manages, and provides technical oversight for solutions architecture activities.
• Gathers customer’s business requirements, translating those requirements into cost-effective solution strategies, frame-works and architectures
• Guides the implementation of these solutions to deliver high quality results to meet or exceed customer expectations in a timely manner.
• May act as Technical Manager on a project team to lead and oversee solution implementation and project delivery.
• Directs completion of tasks within estimated periods and budget constraints.
• Schedules and assigns duties to subordinates, and formulates and enforces work standards.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; an advanced degree is preferred
• An active Top Secret clearance is required
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in managing complex IT software development programs
• Project Management Professional (PMP®) Credential or PMI Agile Practitioner.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience managing concurrent Agile software development initiatives
• A minimum of 10 years of federal IT software development program management experience.
- PMI Program Mgmt Professional
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.