CGI is actively seeking a Cyber Data Analyst that will collaborate with key stakeholders to build a sustainable cyber risk reporting process for one of our Federal customers. In this role you will convert poorly defined problems into questions for which practical quantitative solutions can be defined, and compose client deliverable quality documentation and analysis. You will work with the client Office of Cybersecurity to support the client’s mission to provide a secure cyber environment to ensure the integrity of the agency’s mission and maintain ongoing operations.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Collect, validate, model, and analyze data from disparate data sources.
• Create infographics and visualizations for inclusion in Cybersecurity briefings and presentations.
• Develop key metrics, interpret performance trends, identify root causes, and support data-based performance improvement.
• Build a sustainable cyber risk reporting process; tailoring reports to communicate relevant cyber risk.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
• Two (2) years of experience with data-oriented tasks for cybersecurity operations.
• Ability to leverage a wide variety of data science capabilities and languages, analyze and resolve critical data issues using various methodologies, and ensure data integrity.
• Experience with developing and engineering data workflows to merge disparate data sources and draw data-driven insights.
• Experience in working with SIEM technologies.
• Experience with working in Windows and Linux OS environments.
• Ability to take poorly defined problems and convert them into questions for which practical quantitative solutions can be defined; must be detail-oriented and organized.
• Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation to succeed in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment to compose client deliverable quality documentation, analysis, and reports.
• Experience with developing and engineering cybersecurity solutions with a focus on applied data science or machine learning.
• Due to the nature of this government project, US Citizenship is required.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.