Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Data Integration Engineer supporting our DHS CDM DEFEND program. As part of the CGI Data Quality and Engineering team, you will serve as the Data Integration Engineer delivering capabilities and services for a major cyber security program supplying leadership and guidance to all contract personnel for DHS and other targeted agencies and organizations participating in the program. The candidate will assist in developing and integrating data from a set of cybersecurity tools that are Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) validated. The candidate will assist in data mapping from various security tools to a common data model complying to the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) data model.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Design and develop utilities to extract data from applications using either API or directly from application database.
• Design and develop utilities to transform, enhance and clean data in preparation for loading to target data-lake such a relational database or Elasticsearch.
• Design and develop stored procedures for data validation.
• Parse disparate data sources including XLS, XML, JSON and CSV files and load/output to similar formats.
• Build logic to clean-up data and ensure compliance to defined data-dictionary.
• Research on published APIs for identified tools with an intent to extract the data using right APIs and access points.
• Test and debug custom data extraction utilities and validate the data feed requirements that are part of the data pipeline.
• Update and maintain the data extraction utilities to comply with the changes in data sources.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Knowledge of Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) data models.
• Experience in data mapping, extraction and integration in the context of SCAP validated products, e.g. Tenable, Qualys and Tripwire.
• Thorough understanding and experience in data formats including JSON and XML.
• Experience in data extraction using APIs.
• Experience in application integration.
• Experience developing client applications using data APIs.
• Experience with functional, regression and load/performance testing.
• Experience with relational databases.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Prior experience working for/on federal client sites.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.