Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting firms in the world, is in search of a seasoned application support professional with in-depth experience related to IT Service Management (ITSM) systems. As part of the Global Technology Operations (GTO) organization, the selected candidate will leverage existing knowledge by supporting legacy systems while also providing expertise for future expansion into the next generation of modern, flexible, secure, integrated solutions. Since ITSM is critical to the support of IT infrastructure operations, this role will be instrumental throughout the continued, rapid evolution into automated hybrid environments.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide technical, administrative, and functional support for the IT Service Management (ITSM) integrated applications used by Global Technology Operations, primarily focused on the current IPsoft IPcenter system.
• Manage the system foundation data such as onboarding new clients, users, access controls, and assignments, using the application configuration interface as well and data loads.
• Provide full configuration and ongoing support of ITSM processes, including Service Request and Change Management, using workflow development utilities.
• Design creative technical solutions for the structure, efficiency, and functionality of workflows by incorporating coding logic, attributes, and variables to maximize the tool’s capabilities.
• Perform all activities throughout the workflow development process from gathering requirements, documentation of design specifications, build, test, and deployment of the end solution.
• Assist in the evolution of methods used for development and support, including automated mass deployment of workflows and error management.
• Perform operational support for ITSM system components, including incident investigation and resolution, standard request fulfillment, and prevention of service impacts.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for ITSM modules within IPcenter and related systems and processes, including internal initiatives and client services.
• Ensure that all ITSM functionality is performing at expected levels and in compliance with data security guidelines.
• Identify solutions for defects or enhancements, and perform all necessary assessment, development, and deployment activities.
• Leverage past experience with ITSM products and support in an effort to contribute key technical expertise for evaluation of future ITMS and related solutions, including potential commercial or open source components.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• In-depth hands-on experience supporting IT Service Management (ITSM) integrated platforms
• Knowledge of ITSM industry best practices, including ITIL
• Ability to obtain security clearance
• Strong technical aptitude
• Excellent analytical, organization, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Team oriented
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Computer Science preferred)
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Extensive technical and functional experience in IT Service Management tool administration and support Minimum 8 years Advanced
Advanced capability in workflow development using multiple ITSM platforms, including current and legacy systems Minimum 4 years Advanced
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience with IPcenter
• Technical experience in IT Service Management (ITSM) tool implementation, integration, and support
• Knowledge of other IT Service Management tools, including ServiceNow, JIRA, BMC
• ITIL certifications are a plus
• Experience implementing, integrating, and supporting open source solutions is highly desirable
• Experience implementing ITSM system integrations, such as AD authentication, LDAP, ticket brokering, using AI or web services
• Ability to support Apache Tomcat
- Active Directory
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.