CGI is looking for an experienced Agile/Scrum Coach for our location in beautiful Belton, Texas. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting clients throughout the country.
Looking for career advancement?
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! We are one of the few end-to-end consulting firms with the scale, reach, capabilities and commitment to meet clients’ enterprise digital transformation needs. Our 77,500 consultants and professionals work side-by-side with clients in 10 industries across more than 400 locations worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, PTO, ,as well as, numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides unlimited sick leave!
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Responsible to be a hands-on agile coach, able to embed with teams and provide all required coaching support to drive team maturity.
• Educates employees at all levels on Agile principles and practices.
• Provides training and teaches valuable skills that lead toward the organization-wide adoption of agility.
• Assists Scrum Masters in learning how to be coaches for their teams, with the goal of coaching their teams to self-sufficiency.
• Assists teams to understand the fundamentals of Agile, including story points, sprints, velocity, etc.
• Exemplifies agile principles, encourages good practices, assesses progress, measures and improves agile maturity, identifies and raises obstacles, organizes coaching sessions and provides recommendations, as necessary.
• Provides one-on-one and team coaching of mindset, ceremonies, artifacts, processes and practices. Champions the mindset changes and belief re-sets required to effect the desired business results.
• Encourages transparency to the organization to help grow trust.
• Helps identify organizational impediments and works with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them.
• Facilitates conflict resolution, teaches and mentors others in facilitating discussions, and provides alternatives to traditional approaches.
• Promotes an agile mindset to management and people outside the scrum teams.
• Supports product owners and product owner proxy to manage their backlog. Supports the scrum teams to efficiently integrate business during backlog grooming and sprint reviews.
• Supports development teams to adopt Devops best practices and its mindset. Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• At least five (5) years of management experience delivering projects in an Agile environment.
• At least two (2) years of experience serving as a Scrum Master.
• The Scrum Master must hold a valid Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM).
• Offer or must submit a copy of certification in its offer for compliance with this requirement
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.