CGI Federal is seeking a Data Analytics Consultant to support a dynamic IT environment leveraging emerging and evolving technologies to advance hardware, programming languages, and software efficiencies. Specific activities include providing services to operate, maintain, and enhance information delivery products and tools to include an Enterprise Data Warehouse and associated data marts. The ideal candidate possesses strong Agile development methodology experience and competencies in technology solutions to include Oracle, SAP, DataStax, Java, Angular, and Tableau.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities with the ability to support multiple work streams and drive assimilation of new techniques and solutions.
• Consistently deliver quality client products within assigned timelines.
• Evaluate data quality using SQL and data analysis techniques that improve client-reporting capabilities.
• Explain complex data scenarios and insights to clients looking for recommendations about how to best build analytics solutions around current business processes.
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
• Understand data needs and construct data pipelines for automating and accelerating data preparation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Information Technology or STEM related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• 3+ years of experience working on Analytics and Business Intelligence focused consulting initiatives.
• 2+ years of experience working with front end reporting and visualization tools including Business Objects, Tableau, Cognos, etc.
• Experience in creating complex queries and functions, data structures and strong analytical problem solving skills.
• Experience working with complex data from different source systems user for enterprise reporting purposes.
• Experience working in an Agile based environment.
• Strong technical and troubleshooting techniques.
- Data Analysis
- Business Objects
- Data Cleansing
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.