Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Be part of a growing team in one of the largest technology and business services firms in the world. If you are a highly motivated, energetic, customer focused, and forward thinking team player then we have an opportunity for you in our Enterprise Engineering Services operation.
The successful candidate will have expertise in the development, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, and operations of full life cycle Windows and MacOS desktop environments to include secure desktop OS images, core and specialized applications. The candidate should have previously built laptop/desktop images and will be developing baseline images on a regular basis to include the OS, security agents, base GPO settings, as well as additional software profiles as required for multiple user groups. The successful candidate should have experience building images via task sequence method using Microsoft Deployment Tool (MDT) or (preferably) System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and JAMF. You will work with the end-user community, specific software applications, and other IT service providers to ensure best integration of end-use compute across the environment as well as diagnosing issues and providing solutions. While the majority of the endpoints are Windows, we operate an increasing number of MacOS devices, and you will be responsible for the full life cycle of these endpoints as well.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Engineer MacOS Image and Software
• Build system images and application packages for Windows 10 systems
• Performs (3rd party) application patching of software such as, Adobe, Java, and Apple products.
• Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Performs regular operating system and application laptop patching of Microsoft operating systems and applications. This requires experience with the installation, configuration, reporting and use of SCCM.
• Maintain existing infrastructure solutions. Perform routine administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Provide support and expertise for end point encryption efforts. This requires expertise and experience with whole-disk encryption products such as BitLocker.
• Provides technical recommendations, directions, and assistance to end users and support technicians in vulnerability remediation efforts.
• Evaluates desktop/ software and hardware technologies and determines how they can best be effectively integrated into the environment.
• Develops, tests, and deploys desktop/ images including applications and GPO updates.
• Designs and integrates new software and hardware into the environment.
• Qualify new hardware/software, coordinate package releases, endpoint protection, monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
• Maintain existing desktop configurations.
• Develop, manage, and implement new hardware configurations as it relates to the image.
• Define and document processes and standards for common image and security update deployment schedules.
• Troubleshoots problems with, and develops solutions, for the desktop environment and its integration with other services.
• Develop methodologies for testing hardware/software performance and provide statistics.
• Provide proactive, reactive, and escalation level three support.
• Provide orientation and training programs for end users for all modified and new systems.
• Audit and analyze data to ensure process are followed and standards are maintained.
• Stay current with industry technologies, evaluate existing systems and infrastructure, identify and advocate solutions for continuous improvement.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Must be able to work independently with no on-site supervision
• Must be a self-starter, who stays abreast of the latest technology, and has a passion for IT and providing a great customer experience
• Must provide collaborative and consultative guidance for innovations and initiatives.
• Credentials should present several years of end user support experience, as well as high-level technical experience/understanding of: SCCM, Active Directory, general Systems Management, Networking, Apple MacOS, end-user hardware devices (smartphones, laptops/desktops, tablets, etc.) as well as and Microsoft operating systems platforms.
• Must be willing and pro-active in supporting Client Security, Computer Usage and Business Policies
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Active Directory (General) 3 years Intermediate
Apple MacOS and hardware 5 years Senior
Microsoft Operating Systems to Windows 10 5 years Senior
SCCM/(SMS) 2 years Intermediate
End-User Devices Hardware 5 years Senior
Endpoint Security 3-5 years Intermediate
Network connectivity and concepts 5 years Intermediate
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
JAMF or other MacOS Management 2 Intermediate
Team-Oriented 5 Intermediate
Project-Oriented 5 Intermediate
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR COMMENTS
• Must be able to interact with CGI Management professionally
• Must be able to handle Client growth in the end-user environment
• Must have Excellent professional presentation, excellent communication and documentation skills
• Must be able to create, implement and enforce processes and policies
• Must be able to interact with other technical towers on a level commensurate with those skillsets
• Must have sufficient knowledge (and currency) of networking and desktop technologies to be able to support and mentor technicians
- Active Directory
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.