Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
oin a fast paced team implementing cybersecurity solutions DoD networks in support of the warfighter missions. The position blends the knowledge of applying and integating cybersecurity and internet-working technologies.
The position is to support the Web Content Filtering (WCF) team working to secure the DISA traffic to and from NIPRNet. This position is key to engineering and maintaining the WCF logging system. The first three months would be learning the system, configuration and DISA protocols. By six months, you will be maintaining systems and supporting the team with new design and deployments. After a year, you will be designing new features, creating documentation and the main POC for deployments.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Establishes network information requirements using analysis of the network engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure (CAN, MAN, WAN). Test and designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant. Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
• Troubleshoot network issues related to the WCF implementation on test and lab environment
• Provide support to Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) team
• Provide weekly vulnerability scans. Maintain vulnerability scan system for the WCF and EBI lab
• Communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with DISA partners
• Develop of test, implementation, and engineering logging system plans
• Develop of test metrics
• Complete test reports and implementation plans
• Keep the project manager informed of task accomplishment, issues and status
• Provide expert support, analysis and research into complex problems, and processes relating to the logging system
• Serve as technical consultant providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship and an active DOD Secret Clearance is required.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher will be required within 30 days of employment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other computer related field
• Professional written and oral communication
• Perimeter network defense background
• Experience working with Splunk, RedHat/Unix, Dell, Palo Alto Networks, F5 Networks, and Juniper Networks products, VMWare
• Knowledge in Dell server administration and Red Hat Ansible
• Previous Federal or DoD/DISA work experience
• Understanding of a cybersecurity and networking technologies.
• Experience writing technical documents, test reports and implementation plans, desired
• Self-starter - ability to work on projects with and without support, Being able to communicate with technical teammates and explain technical information in non-technical environments
• Proactive and creative individual who can independently review information and procedures and find solutions to make work more efficient.
• Career minded - individual possesses the drive to always move forward.
• Active Learner - indivdual wants to continually learn and understand new technologies and designs. The drive to want to make systems more efficient and robust
• Splunk Certified Enterprise Security Admin or Architect
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Engineer, or Architect
• Use of Microsoft Office Suite of applications
• Understanding of Risk Management
• Understanding of the operations of traffic from an end user to the Internet (i.e. firewall, routing, networking, etc.)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.