CGI is looking for a Junior to Mid-level Financial Analyst with 1-3 years of applicable experience with an Accounting or Finance degree to join our team. Qualified candidates will need to possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, good oral and written skills, attention to detail, and has a good understanding of forecasting, budgeting, and operational/financial accounting concepts (GAAP). Candidates in this role will be expected to work closely with other finance members, Project Managers and other senior members of CGI leadership. They will also be actively encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge through both internal and external professional development to enable them to progress their career within CGI.
Your future duties and responsibilities
1. Managing month-end financial accounting and reporting process
2. Providing timely and accurate financial analytical support and information to the CGI Business Units within the US, both as regularly scheduled and in response to ad hoc requests
3. Completing revenue and expenses, including accruals, capitalization and amortization schedules for monthly close in a timely manner to allow consolidation, review and submittal of results within CGI’s close due dates
4. Providing detailed reporting and analysis of monthly financial information to include revenue and cost variances and trend analysis as well as proactively monitoring large expenditures and swings in margin from month to month
5. Working closely with Project Managers in monthly forecasting and analyze variances to previous forecast and budget
6. Supporting project reviews, opportunity and delivery review meetings as well as ongoing audits with accurate financial data and value added financial analyses
7. Prepare monthly reporting packages/dashboards for CGI Business Unit leadership
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years of experience in Finance/Accounting, Excel proficiency, GAAP, CAS, revenue recognition, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
CPA candidate, PSA and HYPERION experience
- Microsoft Excel
- Financial Rep (IFRS, GAAP)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.