Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a client-focused Technical Project Manager to work on-site alongside our systems maintenance and operations team, client internal IT organizations, and business owners of applications. Our goal – exceptional operational and maintenance support, vision for continuous improvement (both process and technology), and cost-effective services. Our Arlington Virginia client is focused on maintaining legacy systems and incrementally modernize these applications to better serve internal and external stakeholders.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing multiple ongoing projects and continued operations and maintenance of a portfolio of 7-12 applications, comprising of both COTS and Custom solutions. From end user issues to technical challenges to future vision to team management – our client will look to you to keep everything running smoothly and cost-effectively….and to address any challenges along the way. You bring relevant experience managing a portfolio of applications built upon a variety of technologies, from JEE and .Net to cloud migration. Throughout the day, you’ll lend your project and people management skills and project management expertise to help our client succeed in addressing both strategic and day-to-day challenges and operations goals.
Working on client site or remotely, you’ll become a trusted advisor to our client to help them achieve their goals.
• Work on client site (Arlington, VA)
• Direct the management of multiple cross-functional teams in maintaining systems and developing new components for multiple systems, including very complex mission-critical legacy systems (some currently being modernized)
• Work within a cross-functional environment applying incremental and agile methodologies and focused on continuous process improvement in areas including DevSecOps.
• Partner with the team and our client to continually improve processes
• Deliver project management and deliverables to all levels of client organizations (Section Chiefs to technology experts) as well as internally in support of our larger program team
• Collaborate with our agency program management leadership team to continuously evolve and improve our support for client in terms of innovation, cost-efficiency, and value
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• US citizen with uninterrupted & verifiable history for the past 5 years
• Experience providing project management leadership for a portfolio of applications of varying size, complexity, and technologies.
• Experience in both agile and waterfall methodologies
• Experience in managing multiple project/task teams, serving as a mentor and guide to task leads to proactively mitigate risks as well as point of escalation for issues as they may occur
• Experience providing project and technical leadership in software application development and maintenance for a broad technical stack that includes Microsoft technology (ASP, Visual Basic, .NET), J2EE technologies, and Cloud Technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Cloud.gov, ServiceNow, etc)
• Experience leading multiple cross-functional teams of at least 6-8 members as a scrum master
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Project Management Profession (PMP) certifications a strong plus
• Relevant technology certifications a strong plus
• Agile Scrum Master certifications a strong plus
• Prior Federal experience at Financial Regulatory agencies a strong plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) a plus
• Learning Management System (LMS) Integration/Implementation experience
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 5
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.