Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence at CGI Federal! CGI is seeking a Systems Engineer to support our Customer in Reston, VA.
Although, the following summary covers what is required from individuals in this position, not all Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities, will apply at each level of performance. Which duties and responsibilities apply to the respective level will be determined by each vendor and the government using the experience level chart found in the Minimum Experience tab. Enterprise System Engineer serve to maintain a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a strong awareness of ongoing IT projects, and business unit requirements; be able to apply the project management model (e.g. Spiral, Waterfall, Agile) selected for a given development effort; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware systems and applications. Work involves being able to develop end-to-end cost analysis for projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for CIO Project Management Program control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status.
Your future duties and responsibilities
· Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts. Translate detailed design into computer software.
· Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to produce the required product.
· Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
· Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
· Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
· Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects.
· Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
· Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
· Develop and apply organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems.
· Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
· Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
· Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
· Use object-oriented programming languages, as well as client/server applications development processes and multimedia and Internet technology.
· Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
· Typically someone that is a recognized expert or certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology that can not only deliver capabilities, but can mentor and train others. • Generally requires eleven (11) years of experience specific to the skill and relevant training or certifications.
· Expertise, training and actual work experience with the specific computer language, systems, and/or technology Is significantly more important than the number of years of experience. This is especially true with emerging technologies
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate's degree).
TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.