We are seeking a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer who will support all Digital Metrics development, test, and production environments with our team in Charlotte, NC. You'll provide support and work with our Technical Lead to provide end-to-end design, development, and delivery of core technology services in accordance with enterprise standards and business needs. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Resolve and implement day to day technical challenges while communicating any risks or issues associated with the activities.
• Work with Digital Metrics development teams (both onshore and offshore) to ensure infrastructure needs are being met.
• Stay current with relevant emerging technologies, assess application for DevOps Support challenges or opportunities determining business benefit and impact.
• Support development, maintenance, and enhancements of in-house and cloud-based infrastructure.
• Build and Refine operational processes.
• Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively.
• Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications.
• Develop technical documentation including the Solution Definition document and Technical Design document; ensure documentation is aligned to the Functional Requirements and uses document templates that meet SDLC standards.
• Identify and manage dependencies and downstream impacts of the project to minimize adverse effects on other projects and / or programs.
• Manage day to day technical challenges and communicate to Technical Lead any risks or issues associated with the development activities.
• Identify opportunities for system reuse and system simplification.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience working with Hadoop/Cloudera environments.
• Experience with mySQL database administration.
• Experience with the J2EE platform and Java application development lifecycle.
• Experience with OpenShift Container Platform and/or other containerization platforms.
• 4 or more years of experience in infrastructure support including servers, OS, middleware, disaster recovery, storage, network, storage, database and cybersecurity.
• 4 or more years of experience with performance tuning complex clustered application environments.
• 4 or more years of experience in cloud-based and/or hosted services environments including hardware and software.
• Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
• College degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology.
- Performance Tuning
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.