Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The CGI Federal ACWS team is growing. Do you have a passion for delivering significant business value to your clients through trans-formative solutions that disrupt the status quo? Are you experienced in working with technical teams to deliver innovation in the federal market?
If so, join us and elevate your career to the next level at CGI Federal.
Our Digital Services practice is building a team of top talent dedicated to delivering the next generation of services and solutions to the federal government. We are agile practitioners, user-centric designers, data scientists, automation specialists, and business-oriented technologists. Our digital solutions transform the way federal agencies engage with citizens, empower their workforce, and deliver strong mission outcomes.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior BI/Reporting Specialist to support strategic program delivery. The BI/Reporting Specialist is an accomplished business analyst, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with Business Intelligence and reporting experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide Business Intelligence and strategic planning subject matter expertise on key client engagements
• Develop plans for optimising the BI platforms by determining how best to use existing data analytics, architecture, and technology, and where to make improvements
• Clearly and professionally communicate with client and management in gathering requirements and identifying impediments
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior consultants in best practices in Business Intelligence
•Engage with business stakeholders to analyze business processes, gather requirements, and recommend technical solutions.
• Be an enthusiastic and motivated pioneer, influencer and team builder
• Work with strategic client account teams to build senior level relationships and represent the breadth of CGI’s BI capabilities
• Help up skill CGI members who have an interest in developing their capabilities in BI and data analytics.
•Participate in technical and business reviews
• Other duties may be assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The applicant must have strong knowledge of Pentaho Reporting from both functional and technical aspects.
• Exceptional consulting skills, comfortable with senior stakeholder engagement and effective in influencing and building productive relationships with executive level management, clients, senior management, industry providers, vendors and stakeholders
• A strong commercial understanding to facilitate client discussions (e.g. business value etc.)
• Familiarity with BI architecture concepts and tools, including data architecture, data modeling, ETL tools (Pentaho, Talend, Informatica, etc.), and reporting platforms.
• Experience with data and reports migration
• Experience managing front-end BI tools and building reports and dashboards
• Strong knowledge of BI platforms (e.g. Business Objects, Tableau, Qlik, D3, etc.) and demonstrated ability to implement business intelligence
• Experienced in managing large data sets of multiple sources including managing the design, development and implementation of an information system.
• The skills to assess, manage, and optimize the design and delivery of data warehousing
• Strong conceptual knowledge of data warehousing, BI systems and processes, and ETL (extract, transform, load).
• Certification in related data technologies or tools is desirable.
• Five (5) years of relevant experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication capabilities and techniques (working side-by-side with government counterparts).
- Business Intel/Dashboard Rept
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.