Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
CGI has an immediate need for an AWS Cloud Engineer to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
AWS Certification desired
Your future duties and responsibilities
The role of the AWS Cloud Engineer is to design, develop cloud infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently certify technology capabilities, platforms, software and applications in AWS Infrastructure. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or AWS Cloud infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience acting as an engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) in partnering with, and influencing stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
• Experience establishing policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution.
• Has proposed appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
• Skills in planning for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
• Ability and experience in designing, documenting and verifying the technology solution that meets business needs and technical requirements and follows enterprise defined guardrails, governance and security standards for cloud deployments.
• Ability to develop and document operational model to maintain and operate the service design, including, but not limited to, monitoring, performance and cap
Specialized knowledge and skills
• Expert Cloud developer/Engineer with robust technical design capabilities and knowledge implementing design patterns.
• Working experience in AWS Serverless architecture using Python, Lambda, API Gateway, ALB/ELB
• Knowledge of Identity Access Management, Cross account S3/KMS access management
• Hands on programming experience using Python, Nodejs, Ansible
• Deep understanding of infrastructure as code using AWS Cloud Formation, CFN Stack Sets
• Hands on experience with CI/CD technologies -AWS Code Commit, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, Bit bucket, Jenkins
• Hands on experience with AWS Service Catalog
• Working experience of automation & management of multi-account environment
• Hands on experience with container orchestration technologies -AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, Kubernetes
• Familiarity of Egress/Ingress access patterns including approved networking patterns across VPCs and Regions, private links, patterns/ configurations related to Route 53, CloudFront, ALB, and subnets for SaaS Products
• Experience in logging & monitoring
• Knowledge of Terraform is a plus
For DB Centric Cloud Engineering:
• Deep knowledge of the AWS services mentioned above plus
• Deep understanding Relational DB service - RDS (Postgres, Aurora, MySql, Oracle), DynamoDB,
• Good understanding and implementation experience of resiliency and cross-region replication
For AI Centric Cloud Engineering:
• Deep knowledge of the AWS services mentioned above plus
• Working experience of M/L services using Amazon SageMaker, Comprehend, Kendra, Polly, Rekognition, Textract, etc.
• Working experience of Analytics tools using Athena, Amazon Redshift, EMR, Elasticsearch Service, Kinesis, AWS Glue
• Hands-on experience in AWS cloud engineering
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.