Whole-Human Care (WHC) is premised on recognizing that the best way to care for people with complex needs is to consider their full spectrum of healthcare factors – medical, behavioral, socioeconomic, and beyond. Only 20% of improved health outcomes are tied to medical or clinical care contributers – the other 80% occur due to biopsychosocial behaviors. By addressing the 80%, healthcare systems treat the whole individual, resulting in improved outcomes and quality care.

Realigning healthcare models?

With the emergence of data and intelligence, we are able to identify all the factors that influence a person’s health. We now know social determinants of health (SDHoH) and personal determinants of health (PDoH) take precedence over improving your member’s humanistic, clinical, and financial outcomes.

The whole person goal

of increasing positive health outcomes through early intervention and utilizing traditionally ignored healthcare data to identify high-risk groups

Personal determinants of health

Focusing on life outlook, connectedness, and loneliness to treat mental health conditions

Social determinants of health

Identifying and addressing SDoH upstream by utilizing modern analytics, care innovation, and digital transformation

Medical and clinical

Continually addressing, regulating, and monitoring traditional medical and clinical care

Learn more about whole-human care in healthcare

Download the infographic below to explore how targeting Social and Personal Determinants of Health can improve health outcomes and reduce costs for payers and providers.