Robotic process automation (RPA) enables the federal workforce to focus on their agency's mission rather than repetitive, tedious tasks. By automating the time-consuming activities, agencies make their employees more productive. RPA enables agencies to keep up with the rapid pace of change, the demands of the digital worker, continuous compliance and rising citizen expectations.
THE NEED FOR RPA
An aspect of intelligent automation, RPA technology platforms enable a software robot to interact with applications to perform repeatable tasks by automating rule-based processes. With the combination of RPA and the workforce’s expertise, government agencies are realizing targeted improvements within specific transactions, processes and systems for internal and external benefits that include:
- Consistency of responses and service across interactions
- Real-time off-hours processing of needs or requests
- Continuous compliance and security
- Real-time reporting on speed, performance, issues, etc.
- Integration of work involving multiple systems