This is an exciting time for CGI, and we want you to be part of it.
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and we're still growing! We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
The primary responsibilities of a Business Analyst are to interpret the business needs / business cases in concept and translate into manageable requirements. These requirements are for both process and systems needed by IT to support the product and/or feature enhancements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Write both high level and detailed business requirement
• Create requirement traceability documentation
• Assist the client in breaking down and assessing the scope of a project
• Understand the scope of functionality requested and facilitating requirement solicitation sessions
• Work closely with the creative teams to document the customer experience through the business requirements
• Review documentation provided by other members of the project to ensure that documentation is consistent with requested requirements
• Work closely with the business personnel to identify gaps in requested functionality and offer innovative solutions and requests
• Work with business, technical and testing resources to clarify business requests and resolve issues
• Manage timelines and deliverables assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Intermediate Business Analyst
• Experience in Capital Markets industry with securitization experience; other Capital Markets experience would be nice to have
• Familiar with SQL
• Proven experience in writing business requirements
• Highly analytical and methodical in approach
• Well spoken and can articulate answers to scenario based questions
• Proven experience in facilitating meetings
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and/or Business or Diploma in IT and/or Business with equivalent IT experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Critical eye for detail
• Positive attitude
• Able to multitask effectively
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work within a globally distributed team
- Requirements Analysis
- Use Cases
- Requirement Management
- Use cases
- User stories
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.