CGI is looking for an experienced ITIL Incident Management Analyst in Toronto/Montreal, Canada. This person will work closely with CGI, client and vendor support teams, in order to manage, coordinate and execute incident recovery processes and procedure, including understanding cause of incident and how to avoid those issues in future.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Incident Management Analyst will lead and coordinate resolution of IT infrastructure and application major incidents as a technical spearhead. The Incident Management Analyst will execute research, analyse and facilitate incident resolution. Accountable for restoring normal service operation as quickly as possible and to minimize the impact on business operations for infrastructure and application related incidents, thus ensuring that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained. The Incident Management Analyst will conduct incident calls by partnering closely with CGI, vendor and client teams to quickly resolve and prevent incidents.
- Executes the Incident Management process tasks in adherence with global and local requirements
- Coordinates and manages the Incident Management process activities across all teams to meet SLAs
- Escalates risks and issues to the Service Management team and Service Delivery Manager
- Supports Incident Management reporting (KPIs and customer SLAs) as well as regular reporting on aging/pending incidents of all priorities
- Assists the Service Management team in identifying and planning for Incident Management process improvement
- Feeds information to the Problem Manager to create Problem records for issues caused due to incidents that needs root cause analysis
- Will be required to respond to and conduct rapid incident management when any outages/high priority incidents are reported and coordinating with client/support teams to resolution via email/phone/conference calls/chat
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders during outage/high priority incidents until resolution
- Is responsible for the complete process adherence and handling of incidents according to SLAs
- Is responsible for acting as an escalation point to expedite incident resolution
- Is responsible for preparing the Major Incident report and ensuring delivery to the client within the agreed SLA
- Conduct daily/weekly meetings with support teams/onshore members to address any issues related to Incident management
- Be available on-call (based on the weekly schedule) to handle any incidents occurring outside business hours
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 5+ years’ experience in IT and applications technical knowledge and process and/or project management across diverse areas and technologies
- 5+ years’ enterprise level experience as ITIL Incident Management Analyst
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification
- ITIL Foundation certification essential
- Hands on experience with service management tools – ITSM, ServiceNow etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English (French would be an asset)
- Proficient and strong experience with MS Suite applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Comfortable with basic statistics to identify any trends from Incidents
- Ability to present himself/herself to the client in a confident and corporate manner
- Ability to coordinate and work with clients/support teams/vendors in a professional manner
- Broad technical acumen across IT infrastructure and multiple discipline applications with a solid understanding of current technologies – Datacenter, Windows, servers/storage/backup technologies, networking etc.
Others - Understanding of:
- Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft infrastructure services
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, VMware and Hyper-V and be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems
- Knowledge of Exchange, Lync and BES systems
- Sharepoint, Microsoft clusters, Citrix, web farms, ISA, TMG and other systems security products
- LAN and WAN networking
- Setting up and utilizing disaster recovery solutions.
- Backup and recovery processes and applications.
- SANs from companies such as Hitachi, Datrium etc.
- Systems security and best practices
- UNIX and/or Linux system administration
- LAN, WAN, Firewall, IDS/IPS
- Different firewall technologies including Cisco & Palo Alto
- IPS/IDS systems
- Wireless telecom technologies
- High level SQL or Oracle knowledge and skills would be an asset
- 5+ years in a technical discipline role with experience in end to end incident recovery processes, systems and/or initiatives
- Experience applying measurement processes/methods for assessing program outputs and outcomes or progress toward goals and objectives
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries, to help lead and influence change
- Ability to command the process across all levels to ensure customer focus; including being assertive and self-starting
- Demonstrated leadership experience in influence and garnering alignment from external organizations
- Ability to align change management strategies with project
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting them, and presenting/selling them to senior management
- Extremely high level of analytical ability with complex technical problems
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team environment
- Proven experience, knowledge and demonstration of continuous process improvement
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.