It has been widely documented that by 2030 two-thirds of the world’s population will live in cities and by 2050 this will rise to 70 percent. As cities increasingly become the engines of economic growth, the efficient transport of people and goods will grow in importance. City officials and decision-makers face the challenge of developing and maintaining effective urban transport systems. Many have already begun to invest in new solutions, and CGI is at the forefront of many of these projects.
CGI is helping organizations involved in transport prepare for the future through smart mobility and other advanced technologies. With more than three decades of experience in the transport industry, we work with major airports, airlines, railways, car manufactures, government transport ministries and authorities, and others to help them keep pace with societal and technology trends and position themselves for success today and into the future.
Driving innovation in Transport
- Empowering sustainable mobility in five European countries
- Modern payment system and associated back office delivered to Transport for London
- Eco-friendly, economic driving for Sweden
- Intelligent cargo: Truly collaborative, sustainable supply chains for Europe
- Cooperative vehicles for Europe
- Central management of public sector environments
- New generation airport operations management for Portugal
- MOBiNET simplifies transport in Europe
- Smart travel app for Manchester
- Fleet consultancy service design for Scania