Do you want to take control of your future? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do, then join CGI as an Service Transition Management Consultant in our Advisory Practice providing Service Management guidance to new and existing clients across a range of service elements.
This position will be working with a number of clients across the M4 corridor, but travel will be required to other office locations as well as client offices around the UK.
It is further likely that the role will require candidates to already hold, or be eligible and willing to hold, UK Security Clearance to SC level. Higher clearance levels would be a benefit.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As part of the Service Advisory Practice within the UK, our IT Service Management Consultants work alongside a wide variety of clients to support them with service solutions throughout the service management lifecycle - from developing a strategy, delivering process overviews and training to designing solutions, delivering outcomes and continual service improvement initiatives. We draw on practical experience from CGI's delivery to a broad client base and use real world examples and operational subject matter experts to underpin our messages and recommendations.
Our consultants will also support the development and extension of the Service Advisory practice and will both coach junior consultants and self-develop through training, attending and presenting at workshops and networking events, and producing white papers.
Service Management is changing rapidly with new process framework and technology trends; therefore, our team has an appetite for learning and becoming skilled in these to guide our clients.
Key technology / process areas include:
•SIAM and multi-supplier ecosystems
•Service Transition – particularly large-scale on- and off-boarding of services and suppliers including commercial governance/oversight as well as service readiness.
•Service Management Tooling (Remedy, ServiceNow) and integration with technology management platforms
•Agile / DevSecOps
•Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM)
•Updating service management frameworks to manage modern cloud services
•Automation (particularly AI at the Service Desk and automation of Service Management tasks)
Outside the Covid restrictions, work will frequently be on client sites throughout the UK, so there will be requirements to travel and work away from home regularly.
•Carry out assignments on client sites to augment their service management capability for a specific project, specifically supplier on-boarding
•Provide consultancy support to complex projects e.g. SIAM
•Continually develop and improve our consultancy tools and process collateral
•Support the on-going development of Advisory offerings, identifying Business Development opportunities to drive advisory services sales growth
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Essential Skills and Experience
• Extensive experience of Service Transition including:
o supplier on- and off-boarding,
o contract management
o project management (ITIL Transition Planning & Support)
o service readiness
o acceptance into service.
• Good communication and presentation skills covering both technical and business concepts to bring the client on a transformation journey.
• Experience of operating across the Service Management Lifecycle and a range of technology services (comprising SaaS and IaaS cloud solutions, telecoms, end-user services)
• Ability to produce written material (reports, proposals etc.) to a high standard
• Multi-vendor Supplier Management.
• A strong interest in and understanding of IT service management. A drive to continually learn and develop.
• Ability to gather requirements and articulate these to all parties.
• Confidence to effectively converse with clients and manage stakeholders at all levels, demonstrating capability to create valuable professional networks.
• Ability to adapt experience to accommodate diverse scenarios sometimes outside your natural comfort zone.
• Draw on strong stakeholder management and communication skills to gather requirements and to provide guidance on how to design and develop service management as a strategic asset.
• Experience of operating in uncertain environments, providing leadership and guidance.
• Familiar with the implications of organisational change and methods of enabling successful change.
Experience of IT service delivery areas in addition to IT Service Management and Service Desk, including but not limited to:
• Experience of process implementation and improvement
• Experience of working within a Government department
• Infrastructure Support / Cloud Services
• Ability to construct creative and compelling presentations and deliver these confidently and clearly to audiences
•Identify and progress opportunities to sell Service Management Advisory services that can span from short term on-site consulting projects, to resource augmentation, and complex large scale projects.
ITIL Foundation or significant progress towards the qualification
Prince2, APM or equivalent professional project management qualifications
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.