Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
In a world of increasing digital connectivity, innovation and cyber-attacks CGI Defence and Intelligence protects the UK. CGI Defence and Intelligence works with UK Government and Industry to secure the UK’s IT systems and increase UK prosperity.Our people are essential to delivering our mission and to our growth and success. We want the best people to join us, to help us grow and protect the prosperity of the UK. We value our people and provide a supportive and guided environment in which to build your career.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK Security Clearance (SC) with the view to progressing to higher level clearance if required.
Now, more than ever we are ensuring the continuity of critical services that matter and we are still recruiting during these challenging times.If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help. From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Our CGI SDI team based in Gloucester has a strong Agile software engineering ethos that continues to grow. To maintain our momentum, we need to recruit developers with varied skill-sets and experience to work on leading edge, secure solutions for our clients.
Working from our Gloucester office or on customer site, we help our clients with some of their most complex IT challenges. Our developers have the opportunity to construct some of the most unique and exciting software solutions within the industry.
You can expect be involved in all stages of the project and system life-cycles.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Familiar with Agile approach and software engineering practices including Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Looks to build quality into the solution at every step with a focus for continually improving
- A positive attitude: There are unique challenges to our work. The requirements, the technologies and the problems we are solving can change at short notice. We need people who are pragmatic, who can adapt as situations evolve, who enjoy new experiences and always want to learn new things.
- An approachable personality: An open, collaborative and professional demeanour is essential. Many of our roles involve working directly with our clients. We need people we can trust to present themselves well. People who represent and enhance the reputation of CGI.
- Platforms - AWS, Azure and OpenShift and Linux (RHEL/CentOS).
- Technologies: ActiveMQ, React, NiFi, Hadoop, Apache Kafka, ELK Stack.
- Databases: MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL.
- Tooling: Eclipse, Jenkins, Atlassian suite, Robot Framework, JMeter, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Ansible.
- Experience in web application frameworks (e.g. node.js, React, Bootstrap, HTML5/CSS3)
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. Candidates will need to be able to gain a minimum of SC Clearance with the ability to attain DV Clearance. We ask that all candidates be eligible and willing to undergo Developed Vetting. Link to clearance guidelines for more information.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.