If you are looking for a challenge that stretches your talents and you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, come and lead our work supporting the digital transformation of the UK. We are looking for a contracts and commercial manager to work with high profile clients, delivering improvements to complex contracts. This is a fixed term contract for up to 12 months.
We are looking for a Contracts and Commercial Manager to take responsibility for pre-contract commercial management and commitment management and commercial / subcontract management issues across a portfolio of contracts.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we will support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities
In the role you will need to deliver the following tasks:
• Understand, agree and deliver against the Terms of Reference for their role;
• Perform Functional Expert reviews as required during the Step Review process – both for client facing and subcontractor contracts;
• Provide commercial and contract advice and support as a Functional Expert reviewer as part of the delivery review process;
• Develop the commercial aspects of a bid solution to balance risk and reward whilst maximising CGI’s chances of winning;
• Be willing to express concerns and challenge appropriately if an opportunity is perceived to contain unacceptable risk, escalating as necessary;
• Ensure effective commercial management of the contract or portfolio of contracts within a Sector through reviews and change management;
• Highlight the risk of, and lead the proactive avoidance and resolution, of disputes working with the project or service teams;
• Ensure commercial awareness of client or subcontractor facing account team members with whom they interface through guidance and focused training;
• Keeping the Senior Commercial / Subcontract Manager/Commercial / Subcontract Director frequently briefed on all significant issues and escalate as appropriate;
• Be capable of preparing and collating dispute resolution documentation;
• Support the engagement by liaising with other Contracts and Commercial Members and global procurement both during bidding and contract delivery, highlighting risks identified to the SSR and delivery reviews;
• Development of positive working relationships with opposite numbers in client organisations;
• Propose improvement to the commercial processes and practices, and practice sharing of best commercial practice amongst the wider community;
• Demonstrate commercial innovation;
• Develop and implements negotiation strategies to maximise the outcome for CGI for issues within their remit; and
• Increasingly demonstrate “client advocacy" skills to bringing a sense of reality to CGI’s proposals and positions, to maximise the perceived value of CGI’s propositions, balancing the risks and rewards.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The ideal person for this role will have experience in an equivalent industry with a track record of having managed a variety of different contracts. Experience of a similar role within the defence or aerospace sectors would be highly desirable. Experience of working within a consultancy environment or an IT managed services business is highly desirable. An understanding of pre-sales and winning bids is highly desirable.
You must have a Degree Level Education (Preferably in Legal/Business/Finance related discipline) and it would be highly desirable if you have a relevant professional membership such as IACCM CCME. A thorough understanding of contract law is essential.
You must have a professional approach to everything you do, and must be confident and capable of challenging situations with clients and subcontractors. You will ideally be direct but diplomatic with the ability to say “no" without causing offence. You must be calm under pressure, and a team player with good negotiating skills. You must be resilient and able to manage pressurized situations and multiple bits of work at different stages.
Due to the nature of the projects and contracts you will be on working, we require someone who already holds a level of Security Clearance or someone who is eligible to achieve SC clearance
- Contract Management
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.