Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
We are looking to expand our development teams, which build and maintain a number of operational systems for a key client within our Defence and Intelligence portfolio. The role offers fantastic opportunities to lead a team developing leading edge and bespoke technologies within an interesting and rewarding environment.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK Security Clearance (SC) with the view to progressing to higher level clearance if required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Team is primarily focused on the development of new capabilities for our client using an Agile delivery framework, in addition to providing third line support for operational systems. We are after an experienced Software Engineer who is able to work alongside the Technical Architect and development teams out of our Leatherhead Delivery Centre. Candidates must have proven team leadership skills, be pro-active, take ownership of tasks and provide technical governance and development of a team of highly motivated software developers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience of developing using Java (ideally 8 or 11) with code written to a common standard including well-documented code and design documents.
• Experience of System Testing and experience of automated testing – e.g. unit tests, integration tests, mocking/stubbing.
• Experience of using Linux as a deployment platform and day-to-day development environment – e.g. has experience of package management, networking configuration etc.
• Demonstrated experience in at least one of: RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu.
• Experience of a version control system: e.g. Git (preferred), SVN, Mercurial.
• Experience of continuous integration & analysis systems: e.g. Jenkins, SonarQube, FindBugs.
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies – e.g. Apache Tomcat, Log4J, Maven, Spring, RabbitMQ.
• Experience of automation/configuration management (i.e. Ansible).
• Able to write, review and assure technical documentation such as LLDs, user guides, release notes etc.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.