Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers – Be Part of Our Story
Here at CGI we are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our forever growing Space, Defence and Intelligence business unit.
You will join a project that provides a government client with the ability to exploit ‘Big Data’ for cyber defence. The Data Scientists form a key part of the Operations Team in helping the client realise value from their cyber related data.
The successful candidate must be adaptable, pro-active and capable of working in a high tempo operational environment.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK SC clearance with the view to progressing to higher level clearance if required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Generation and implementation of data science use-cases to meet specific end-user needs through proactive engagement.
• Design, build and evaluate computational models to deliver better alternatives to conventional log analytics.
• Advocate data science methodologies to help solve issues generally.
• Advise and assist with the optimisation of analytic and visualisation tools.
• Provide the client with recommendations of creative and innovative ways in which data can be utilised.
• Provide guidance to Data Engineers on appropriate steps to help normalize new data feeds
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Proficient with Python/Scala plus basic SQL (minimum)
• Proficient with common data science libraries/toolkits such as Pandas, SciKit-Learn, Numpy, Keras etc.
• Good Understanding of parallel processing frameworks such as Spark/Pyspark/Presto
• Good Understanding of statistics i.e. statistical distributions, hypothesis testing
• Good Understanding of Data Mining and Feature Engineering techniques
• Good Understanding of Machine Learning Pipelines/Algorithms, particularly unsupervised/semi-unsupervised learning techniques.
• A passion for learning new technologies and innovation.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.