Do you want to be part of a dynamic finance team that is always looking for efficiencies and standardization within finance processing?
Do you have a strong accounting background, maybe from one of the Big 8 auditing companies?
Would you like to be responsible for all accounting and compliance for CGI in Poland, with the opportunity to grow?
Then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Your future responsibilities:
As a Senior Accountant / Consultant in the Financial Business Services (FBS) team, you will join a large team of FBS members across Europe and reporting to the FBS Manager for the Nordic and Baltic region. You will be working closely with the Business Unit controller for PLLE (Poland, Lithuania, and Latvia, Estonia), and his controlling team, giving them support on all accounting related matters.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Accounting & monthly closing of financial accounts
• Manage all pension accounting, reconciliations, and payments
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Manage stat audit, financial statements and cooperation with external auditors
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of all asset and liability balance sheet accounts, in accordance with IFRS
• Involvement in Balance Sheet review meetings
• Accurate and timely submission of tax and vat declarations
• Contributing to, and implementing on efficiency and standardization programs across region
• Working closely together with the Global FBS in India, and Corporate Accounting in Montreal (HQ)
• SOX involvement
• Contact person for local Tax Authorities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Good knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP
• Strong analytical skills
• At least 5 years of experience from similar role(s)
• Excellent communication skills in English and Polish
• A sense of autonomy, initiative, and responsibility
• Ability to work independently, while demonstrating flexibility
• Experience from working with external auditors
• Good understanding of priorities, and 100% respect for deadlines
• Results-oriented with a strong track record of successful delivery
• Ability to work in virtual teams, across functions, and across borders
• Want-to-help attitude towards co-workers, and partners
Education and Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent
• Professional accounting designation, CPA or equivalent
• Contract of employment
• Private healthcare / Medicover Maxima
• Share Purchase Plan (SPP) co-financed by CGI
• Multisport Plus card and the Oxygen program
• Profit Participation Plan
• Referral bonuses, starting from 6k PLN
• Creative Work
• Brown Bags, hackathons and knowledge sharing events
• Occasional gifts and celebration of anniversaries
CGI is a global IT and business process services provider delivering high-quality business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services. With over 77500 professionals in 40 countries, of which nearly 500 in Poland in 4 cities, CGI is a world leader in transforming innovation, information and technology to the success of our customers. A combination that opens many and flexible career paths.
If you join us at CGI, you will get the opportunity to become an owner, which means that you can influence your company's future, build success and take part of the values you contribute to create. As a owners, we are committed to what we do and it affects how we respond to our customers and each other. That is why we call our employees members. Because we are more than employees.
Do you also want to take part of a membership beyond the ordinary?
We will offer you a membership beyond the ordinary:
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our members. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
As a member of CGI you has the opportunity to be an owner and to work in an environment where you enjoy working and feel empowered. With us, you’ll have plenty of possibilities to take care of yourself and the communities around you. You will have the opportunity to work with major local and global clients from different industries in challenging projects that have a true impact on our future. With us at CGI you can develop your career as an expert or if you like or take new steps towards managerial position. It’s up to you to get our full support to get you where you want to be.
This is what we call a membership beyond the ordinary.
Ready to be a member?
Great, because we´d love to hear from you! Apply for the position by clicking on the “I´m interested" button at the top or bottom of the page.