We are looking for a motivated and confident Java Technical Lead with Architect flavor who can provide solutioning to complex problems and also lead team of developers. Your ability to interact with people/teams and build strong collaborative working relationships with teams and colleagues will be second to none.
In this role you will be assigned to a team that works on framework development for long-standing clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Collaborate with dev team leads, other team members, and business analysts to analyze business requirements and design and create code for web application in J2EE technology platform.
• Write code in Java, HTML, Webservices
• Knowledge of Java design patterns (DTO, DAO)
• Perform unit and integration level testing of developed code.
• Independently develop and integrate small to medium complex software assignments.
• Understand and follow standard coding processes.
• Use tools to commit code to a repository and track the changes in a release.
• Update managers on statuses of in-flight and upcoming tasks.
• Assist in the research and analysis of existing systems and program requirements.
• Assist in preparing documentation to change existing programs.
• Design basic programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
• Work in iterative development methodology.
• Developing applications with responsive web design frameworks to support multiple platforms including compatibility with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Java, and iOS.
• DevOps pipeline tools including configuration management, requirements (e.g. JIRA), automated testing, and deployment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 15+ years of experience in J2EE
- Java Enterprise Editions JEE
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.