Bangalore, India, October 22, 2020 – CGI won the ASSOCHAM CSR and NGO Awards 2020 in the category, ‘Excellence in forging partnership with government in the pandemic’ for its pandemic-related efforts in Karnataka.
The award acknowledges and recognizes corporates and corporate members, institutions and non-governmental organisations (NGO’s) for their COVID-19 activities and initiatives in the State of Karnataka. The winners were announced in an virtual event hosted by ASSOCHAM.
CGI partnered with several NGO’s to support Government of Karnataka in strengthening their pandemic-related efforts by setting up COVID-19 care center, providing personal protective equipment (PPE) kits to frontline workers and distribution of food essentials to the underprivileged.
Here are CGI’s COVID-19 efforts in Karnataka:
- Setting up COVID-19 care center in Ramanagara
- 1300 PPE kits donated to Victoria Hospital to serve patients
- 1000 face shield and 150 N95 masks donated to Police Command Centre
- 1500 face shield and reusable masks provided to Pourkarmikas (sanitation workers) of BBMP Mahadevapura Zone
- Dry ration offered to 400 families during lockdown
- 300 scholarships for students to help them pursue their education
Watch the event recording here.