Moving from run to change and grow
With unprecedented factors creating an urgent business case for digital transformation, now is a critical opportunity for business and government to evolve the role of security in their day-to-day operations.
Driven by market and regulatory changes, and highly mobile consumers demanding new products and services, today’s enterprises are transforming into digital, customer-first organizations. Yet along with the benefits of digitalization—more online and mobile touchpoints with customers, citizens, employees and suppliers—comes security risks evolving so quickly, it is almost impossible to keep up. All sectors are challenged to identify, quantify and manage this risk.
Addressing priorities with risk-driven insights
CGI clients in our 2016 Global 1000 outlook indicate that business and IT leaders are aligned on the top security priorities that support and enable business growth. Key cybersecurity insights include:
- Enterprise-wide concern: Security has made the leap from being a technical issue to a global trend impacting all industries and is a top 3 priority for 51% of executives and boards of directors interviewed. Now an enterprise-wide concern, the barriers to security program evolution encompass people, process and policy—as well as technology.
- Employee awareness: While increasing cyber awareness by employees is an effective strategy and first line of defense, employee training and awareness poses a challenge for 44% of organizations.
- Executive awareness: Ensuring that the C-level and boards of directors understand the security posture and cyber risk profile of the organization is a challenge for 27% of organizations.
- Channel concerns: Addressing increased risk from supplier networks has 34% of organizations concerned.
- Compliance: 40% of executives say understanding and keeping pace with regulatory requirements is having a very high impact.
We base our approach on the following principles:
- Partner with clients to build a strong business case for a robust security program that balances risk and cost
- Credentialed experts working on the front lines with deep understanding of the security tools and technologies
- Local teams with deep industry expertise and understanding of unique client environments
- Ensure that security is a part of all that we do for our clients.